First (and I don’t mean this in a bad way), this project was all TucsonJim’s fault. Why? Because that sonafagun posted a picture in some thread showing the factory wiring of his 7-pin cable to his TT wiring. Worse than that, he showed an “after” photo of his re-do. I’m sure it’s a sickness, but images like that stick with me and, yes, keep me up at night. So……against my better judgement, I pulled the cover off that metal 4” junction box on my rig and saw the exact same mess. Dang you Jim!! LOL

Anyhow, it didn’t take long to find on the interweb a junction box/7-pin cable that looked like the one in Jim’s “after” photo. So I hit the BUY button and my new junction box/cable was here in no time. Another benefit with the new cable is that it’s one foot longer. The length of the old one was ok, but hey…..longer is always……uh…..er….nevermind.

The pics explain themselves, however, if you’re wondering about that cable wrap on the trailer side wiring, it’s a plastic mesh that expands – sorta like those Chinese handcuffs. The upside is that even though it might be 3/8” in diameter, it can expand to over double its size (hope that makes sense) so it ”shapes” itself around the wire bundle. The downside is that you have to run your wires though it from the get-go since it’s “continuous” versus typical split wire loom. If you’re interested in it and/or want excellent prices on marine wire and other electrical related stuff, you can find it here: http://www.bestboatwire.com/marine-e...aided-sleeving And no, I don’t have any affiliation to that company. But they’re awesome to deal with.

Oh…..and if anyone wants my old 7-pin cable - it’s yours. You just gotta pay shipping.

Tom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiring1.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	18382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiring2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	18383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiring3.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	18384