Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
Kim,

Since they confirmed needing to re-bend the axles, I believe your having it re-aligned will correct the issue. There will be some motion between axles but this is not the root cause of your tire issue. It was the bent axle. Since we also know the dynamics of these systems in hard braking, the front axle will rise and lock up while the rear wheel bares the brunt of the load and braking. I might add in that whoever trailered it did not do you any favors.
So sorry your having these issues since you already have too much on your plate.
Jim
Hey Jim! At least I'm feeling good enough between treatments to haul it around and putz with it in the driveway.

Last year when the spring hangers were relocated I also had new Dexter 6k axles installed to replace the out of spec Lippert 5.2k. New springs with 2600s on the light side, 3000s on the heavy side. Trailer sits perfectly level, axles have perfect spacing. I noticed that the left rear tire was wearing a little quicker before I sent it off to Indiana but still looking good after our season ended. The 4k mile round trip destroyed those 2 tires. I guess that new axle was bent from new. The shop that did the suspension work did not have an alignment rack but all measurements were good. I would have had it aligned but couldn't find a shop that could do it anywhere near me. It took me hours of Google-fu to find a shop that was 50 miles away and actually specializes in RV and trailer alignment. Fingers crossed this cures the problem.

My question in this thread is a bit rhetorical. I know darn good and well that I should be replacing tires when they age out, not at 4,5 or 6k miles. I'm sure the guy that hauled it drove 85 mph and had the brake controller set too high. That right front has a bald flat spot the size of a dinner plate!