When my Aussie Cody was having the "rattlesnake training", he was maybe 18 months old, but he had a bit of the shock collar in previous training( don't chase the UPS or Mail truck type training). Anyways he learned quickly to behave when he had the collar on. He also knew how to get it to stop-- run to me.
So for the snake training, the rattler( big as a large truck tire) was between the trainer and me.
Cody being the friendly dog that he was, literally walked by the rattler heading to meet the vet-- the vet zapped him and Cody did what he always did, and ran to me. So not sure if that took.
Next test with the moccasin probably worked better as Cody cautiously approached the snake, got a timely zap, and ran away.
Btw, Just before Christmas on our walk, we were attacked by a pit bull. The owners had two and one got away. I was frantic as he had his jaws around Cody's throat and I couldn't pry his jaws off. Fortunately Cody had a thick leather collar and the pit took a rebite and I was able to give him to his owner-- but the dog escaped him and he came again. I put my arm between him and Cody but he got by me and was on his throat again. I hit him over and over and he tried to adjust his grip round the throat,and this time, both me and the owner finally got the pit secure. We quickly left and went home to care for his injuries. Cody was bleeding pretty good from two bites but did not require a vet visit. We were lucky. I was actually scouting for Christmas lights for grandkids ages 3 and 5, to see. If they were with me, I would not have been able to save Cody as I would have had to protect the grandkids first.
Saw the owners two days later. They apologized over and over. Said they got new collars, harnesses, leashes etc. They said they never saw that aggression from him before.
Unfortunately it affected Cody as he is now more apt to show aggression when walking near what he perceives is a threat to us.
My problem with pit bulls is that most owners I have seen aren't qualified to handle them.
Many pits are in adoption facilities in Florida and people feel sorry for them, but aren't really invested enough to get the proper training for them. I know there are pit owners on this forum and it seems like they are aware of their responsibilities.
Btw, I would appreciate the RV places in Florida that would not allow a 50 lb Aussie.
If not the name of the facility, at least their location.
My grandkids and Cody are the primary reasons we are looking into an RV. The present leader for us is the Reflection 311 bh.
Anyone here have that model and could a F350 SRW handle that?

Cody at FDR Memorial D.C.