Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    I tried the Oxygenics Fury showerhead and had an issue with water pressure that would rise and fall. We swapped back the OEM head and the pressure was stable, albeit low. I'm going to take the Oxygenics apart and see if there's a clog in there somewhere.

Thanks for the offer. Next week after our houseguests leave, I'm going to run the shower for 10 min and see how much water is used.

Thanks!
    I was curious so I went ahead and checked. Hooked up the adjustable flow regulator that we always use and it showed about 56 psi (static). I turned on both the hot and cold faucets full on and let the (unmodified) Oxygenics shower head run for ten minutes. The (uncalibrated) gauge showed 6.5 gal at the end of the ten minute test. The dynamic water pressure was just under 40 psi.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I was curious so I went ahead and checked. Hooked up the adjustable flow regulator that we always use and it showed about 56 psi (static). I turned on both the hot and cold faucets full on and let the (unmodified) Oxygenics shower head run for ten minutes. The (uncalibrated) gauge showed 6.5 gal at the end of the ten minute test. The dynamic water pressure was just under 40 psi.
    Thanks. I'll check min mine and report back.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, with the stock shower head AND the gas/electric both on, is everyone saying about 10 minutes with the 6 gallon heater or longer?? Only reason I ask is that we'll be in Elkhart while driving the rig home and TRUMA is there to install the unit. TRUMA doesn't have many (in fact very few) places to get this installed so we'd have an opportunity we normally would not have. Only have a day or so to figure it out so I'm hoping others can attest to the good, or bad of the unit. Thanks

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtrace View Post
    So, with the stock shower head AND the gas/electric both on, is everyone saying about 10 minutes with the 6 gallon heater or longer?? Only reason I ask is that we'll be in Elkhart while driving the rig home and TRUMA is there to install the unit. TRUMA doesn't have many (in fact very few) places to get this installed so we'd have an opportunity we normally would not have. Only have a day or so to figure it out so I'm hoping others can attest to the good, or bad of the unit. Thanks
    All the posts I've seen on the Truma are positive. The only downside is you lose the ability to use heat water in electric mode only. However in electric only mode, it seems to take longer to get hot water and the recovery is much slower. Therefore we always use propane and electric.

Folks who have the Truma state it uses very little propane.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtrace View Post
    Just to be clear, my little experiement was only to determine the shower flow rate. As far as heating capacity, there are just the two of us, but I don't remember ever running out of hot water even taking reasonably long showers back to back.

I haven't heard anyone on this forum complain about lack of hot water, seems like all the threads have been wondering if running out of hot water was a problem and it doesn't seem to be. IIRC, someone posted the recovery rate in gallons per hour and it was sufficient to keep up with the shower, but I may be mistaken. Maybe someone will remember that thread.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 Solitude 310GK-R. I purchased it last November and have now had it on the road for over 90 days and over 5000 miles. I had the dealer install a Truma water heater in it (they are a Truma dealer) before delivery. The Truma has worked perfectly. It can replace a 6, 10, or 12 gal. tank heater (spacewise). The Truma has two power settings - one keeps the small tank hot all the time where the ECO mode doesn't keep it as hot. When I wake up in the morning, I turn the switch off from ECO mode and then shower in a few minutes. In the shower the hot water comes out hot within 5 seconds and will continue hot (up to 2 gal/min) as long as you run the water. In ECO mode it takes about 15 seconds to receive hot water. The Truma does not circulate hot water to every faucet (like a home recirculation system does). It just circulates water thru the small internal tank keeping it hot. Otherwise you need to wait for the heater to go thru its startup procedure before you get hot water. We just completed a 50 day, 3500 mile RV trip. We didn't need heat but used the gas cooktop, oven, and hot water for the whole trip. We only used 30 lbs (one tank) of propane for the whole trip with showers every day so the Truma does not use a lot of propane. We have been extremely pleased with the performance of the Truma. I have looked at the installation behind the Truma. It could be installed by a DYI pro but might be a bit tricky. Our dealer took one hour to install it and charged us $125 for the installation. They also gave us full credit for the 10 gallon Surburban heater that came with the RV since it was unused.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as note: There are several models of the Truma and I don't which one you have but I suspect with the ECCO mode is the same one as me. I just got a change to the winterizing proceeders for my Truma that when you drain the Truma "Do Not put the screen back in it but to store the screen separate". I was told they were issues with the small plastic reserve tank freezing and cracking. Yours may have an updated manual but mine manual said to reinstall it.

We just went through the decalcification using the Truma with the tablets and just lot steps but not hard to do.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We gotten spoiled at home with instant on hot water. It's very nice. Some of the longer runs in our house could take a full ten minutes to get hot water. Doesn't seem to use much more power though. We couldn't tell a difference in our bill..I'm going to look in this system for our 399th.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just returned home yesterday with our new Reflection 337. It was a lot of fun and I'll write more on the whole trip in another thread. We DID decide to go with the Truma as we were in Elkhart, IN next to a Truma service center. before that, we did manage to take 2 showers with our new heater. I was surprised how long I was able to get hot water out of a little 6 gallon tank, but the time in between showers was not good. We waited 15 minutes and then my wife jumped in. While I got about 10-12 minutes before getting colder, she only received about 5 minutes worth and then was ice cold in about 7 minutes which did not make us happy. I had a feeling this was going to happen and already had the appointment made with Truma so we had it installed and have been VERY impressed with its performance. Like larsslc, we leave it in ECO mode unless we are in the coach when we turn it up to the standard mode. I turn it to ECO at night because it does make a little whine'y noise every so often when its in the standard mode which kind of bugs me when I'm trying to sleep. Our bedroom slide has a window that's pretty close to where the heater is located. ECO mode allows the units water tank to reduce temperature down to 43 degrees (I was told) before it superheats the water back to 120. Turning it up to the standard mode keeps the little tank at its highest temp all the time so if it cools down just a little, it turns on and makes a little whine while doing it. Nothing awful, but enough to notice from our bed. The install was really pretty easy, I could have easily done it, but they are very picky about how its done. I'm ok with that. Ours needed some additional framing added to the sides because it was about 3-4 inches narrower than the cutout, but the outer beauty panel covers that right up. This should be an option on ALL trailers or RV's. It's works flawlessly as we've had a Girard version in the past and they are just crap. ZERO temperature fluctuations with the Truma. We are happy campers

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know the cost of the Truma system but I don't see the advantage for the cost. As far as your wife running out of hot water if you had turned the gas and electric on at the same time she would not have run out of hot water. She wouldn't have had to wait 15 minutes after your shower either. Only time you would run the electric and gas at the same time is when you wanted to take back to back showers. On electric there is no noise to disturb anyone.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast