User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelin Tires on tow vehicle?

Are they worth the extra cost in your opinion?

I'm due for another set.

Red
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 12-23-2018 at 09:43 AM.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tire dealer recommended Sailuns when I replaced my Westlakes at 25K miles. He recommended Falkens when I replaced the Michelens on my TV at 50K miles. I went with his recommendation.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the Falkens ride as well as the Michelin's?

Red
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Do the Falkens ride as well as the Michelin's?

Red
    I don't notice any difference. I'm not a great observer of ride.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any Falkens but I have had quite a few Michelin tires and I like them a lot. I put them on everything they will fit on. Great ride and great wear.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I admit I pretty much stick with Michelins on my tow vehicles but I think I'm going to do some shopping for my next set just to see what my tire guy recommends. I'll be interested to see what you go with Red
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    I admit I pretty much stick with Michelins on my tow vehicles but I think I'm going to do some shopping for my next set just to see what my tire guy recommends. I'll be interested to see what you go with Red
    I like the Michelin's but they're expensive. I only got 37K miles on my OEM set. I realize the OEM's don't last as long as after market though. And I change a little earlier than some because of the weight we're hauling. My second set I went with GY Wranglers, but they walked a little on the front end and I only got 30K miles on the front and I'm at 37K on the back.

Red
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying Firestone TransForce AT 2 right now, about 5000 miles , a little better ride than the oem Michelin's. I got 48000 miles on them before replacement. Did not like the Michelins in the winter, not a problem for snow birds. I am liking the transforce so far.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have falken wildpeak a/t tires on my truck. I love them. They have a little buzz on the highway but nowhere near that of a mud terrain tire. The tire shop talked me out of BF Goodrich All terrain KO-2s and saved me over $500 in the process. Glad they did. They only have 3000 miles on them currently and when I buy a new truck in early January I'll probably have the dealership switch them because with a 60,000 mile treadlife warranty I have a feeling they'll last longer than any garbage OEM tire has for me in the past.

Prior to these, I had Hankook geolandars. Those were a great highway tire, but could get downright scary on gravel roads if it had rained or snowed. Based on my driving, they weren't a good choice for me. However if you don't venture off road, they would be a great option. They had excellent traction in wet conditions.

My wife's explorer has Michelins. The kids are in it most of the time, and I wanted the best tire I could get for them. You pay a lot extra for that name, but keep any eye out as they run rebates often. If you're a costco member, watch them as well because they run very good prices on brand name tires quite often. I think they have a special on bridgestones right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Are they worth the extra cost in your opinion?

I'm due for another set.

Red
    I replaced my 20" Michelin Tires on my F350 CC SRW at 45k and I wanted a little more aggressive tread. I put on BF Goodrich KO2's same size, rating, etc. I'm at 83K now and pleased with the BF Goodrich overall performance, but they do not feel as solid while towing and they are like 1/4" shorter than the Michelins. They are wearing evenly and appear to have at least 10-15k of tread left before replacement. If I was primarily towing, I'd probably go back to the Michelins when I need to replace the Goodrich tires. The Goodrich are superior for secondary and off road performance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast