User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love FT Wilderness. I tend to not like to stay there anymore because of our length. There are sites there which are quite manageable with in and out but if you show up late and they have them all filled there isn't much the staff can do for you. If you ever draw short straw on a site there it can be a very frustrating experience. Generally have no issues backing in anywhere but some of those loops are tight for 39ft much less 45 plus a long bed crew cab.

We usually stay at Tropical Palms or one of the two KOA's.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready to go in a couple of weeks...Any last min suggestions? What are the wait times to parks using the bus? Is it better to drive to the park?
    2023 Ram 2500 Mega diesel
    2023 Imagine 2910
    Gone but not forgotten:
    2018 Imagine 2400BH - with chaise lounge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the Fort I prefer to drive. You have your car anyway, and if you want to bus you need to take an internal bus to a transfer station and then a park bust to a park. The exception to this is probably the Magic Kingdom as you need to take a monorail or boat from that parking lot anyway, so its probably better to take the boat from the Fort to there.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We drove everywhere, I've never used the bus system anytime I've been there. Best suggestion is not to follow gps on Disney property. With all the recent construction, the gps maps are way off, once you get on property, follow all the purple signs and you will be fine. Also, when you first pull into the Fort, stay to the left at the guard shack. I did see a camper who went in the lane for returning guests ripped the magic band reader off the post; he also tore off his water heater cover and left a nice gouge on the side of his camper. I also recommend Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party, it is pricey, but worth trying at least once. We went in 2016 and it was pretty good, we opted out of going this year since we brought our niece and nephew along with our kids and that would have been a bit more than we had budgeted for the trip. It's also Food and Wine Festival time at Epcot; if you like food, it is worth checking out and you really need to allot two days to get to try everything or you will feel like you ate Turkey day and Christmas dinner together. If you aren't bringing or renting a golf cart and like the pool, it's worth calling or faxing a request to be close to the pool. We were in the 1300 loop and it was a very short walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by savage99ss View Post
    Getting ready to go in a couple of weeks...Any last min suggestions? What are the wait times to parks using the bus? Is it better to drive to the park?
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been going to fort wildernesses campground for 33 years. Two or three times a year. Obviously we love it there. You don’t even have to go into the parks. The campground will spoil you. Great place with kids. So much to do. Biking is amazing. Bike over to fort wilderness lodge thru the well groomed and paved path. Easy for the little ones. You will see dear along the way. There is also a big horse barn you can visit and pony rides for the kids. There are two pools. The main one has a slide but busy. There is a quiet one over in the trailer home area. Don’t miss the camp fire pre show with chip and dale! We always stay in loop 1100. Nice big sites. 1200 and 1300 are also nice. Just try not to get a site that backs onto the road. Buses run til 2. All sites are on ash felt. Keeps the trailer clean!
    Once you’ve been, you’l want to go again.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know if Hilda is still at Ft. Wilderness? We just made reservations for Sept 30 - Oct 6, 2019 and would like to secure a golf cart and the inside scoop.

Thanks a bunch!
    Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran - UMICH BBA, M.B.A.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali 6.0
    2018 Grand Design 150 series Reflection 290 BH
    Bride - Anna, Son - Robert, and Gracie "the dog"
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIF/OEFveteran View Post
    Anyone know if Hilda is still at Ft. Wilderness? We just made reservations for Sept 30 - Oct 6, 2019 and would like to secure a golf cart and the inside scoop.

Thanks a bunch!
    No way I would go with Hilda again. There are far better people to go with.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to pry, but since you offered, what happened? What other 'people' would you recommend?
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically all she does is answer questions for you. She was supposed to upgrade my sites to premium sites and that didn’t happen. She talks a good game but doesn’t follow through. We had to book all of our fast passes. This was my biggest gripe of all. It would have been easier to do everything ourselves, as essentially we did. Go with someone that will do the work for you. It’s why they are getting paid by Disney.

Campsites were great. I can answer any questions you may have as we just went in Oct.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with her! I'll definitely take that into consideration for our trip.

We're camping with friends (they have a Reflection TT, 28'), staying the week. We reserved the preferred sites. I have the Reflection 5'er 290BH series, 34'.

We do plan on bringing our dog, but I forgot to mention it when reserving.

Any loops we should be concerned about or steer clear of?
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast