Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bill Martin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    I often wonder if someone, (Emily maybe?) is sort of monitoring this forum "incognito" so to speak but just not able to respond.

John
    I doubt it. She is a major asset to Grand Design, and I think she'd be far too frustrated if she couldn't respond. Bill was great at GD, but they have a lot of other fantastic folks, like JD Adams, Emily, Brad Smith, and many others. If they were to start leaving, I'd be worried.

If their lawyers haven't figured out how to let them participate here by now, they need new lawyers. I once worked for a company that had a lawyer who wanted to prevent them from getting an AED on-site and getting training for their first responders group (which I was a part of). "It might be misused". During a meeting, it was pointed out how they are designed to prevent misuse. It was also pointed out that the meeting would be considered discoverable evidence, and if the company did not have one, it could be the subject of a lawsuit, especially if someone was to approach the family of the victim and point that out. They had one on-site shortly after.

Lawyers have their place, but at a certain point, you need to simply use two brain cells.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As to GDRV participation, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the forum owner @Andy R will have some news to share with all of us soon.

Back to the topic of this thread: I know that when I spent 30 years in manufacturing, we often felt that certain employees couldn't be replaced. But these employees retired, quit or passed-away, and we always moved forward. Nobody is indispensable in today's corporate world.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill Martin is now part of Alliance RV, a new manufacturer. We have been leaning toward a Grand Design for a while, but haven’t pulled the trigger. Now that I see all of this new info about Alliance, we may start researching in that direction. Curious to hear what others think about their new model and product!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^As long as Bill is associated with Alliance, you can’t go wrong. He’s the reason GD was so good in the early days of GD’s startup. Anyone having any issues just reached out to Bill and the issue was resolved. If I was in the market for a new RV, I’d buy an Alliance. You can bet the first one’s off the factory floor will have a very high level of attention paid to the construction. Just like GD’s were back 2-3 years ago.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMS520 View Post
    Bill Martin is now part of Alliance RV, a new manufacturer. We have been leaning toward a Grand Design for a while, but haven’t pulled the trigger. Now that I see all of this new info about Alliance, we may start researching in that direction. Curious to hear what others think about their new model and product!
    We thought about something like that and possibly upgrading when they were available. My wife contacted Bill Martin on facebook (she uses it, I dont) and asked if they were going to be building any bunkhouses. He said initially they dont have any plans for one, it will be more like non-bunkhouse Solitude types of floorplans. Sounds great for couples, terrible for families. Time will tell based on how things go and what path their company takes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345