User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree. I have owned other RVs and they did not fail as this one has--so soon into the process and such big fails. Period. The parts are the same, fridge, water heater etc, but plumbing is a specific to the design of the RV and that is a GD (grand design, for those who hate cursing) problem. I would also argue that GD has chosen to use this lippert junk and much of it is junk. My windows were junk, lippert, replaced (a week of hell in Northern CA rain). Period. This plumbing design is junk. Period. The seats fail constantly, lippert, junk. The stove, fail, lippert junk. The axle, fail, lippert junk. GD designers make the choice to continually use some of this junk. Obviously, this hits a nerve, and I am under no illusion that GD owners love their rigs and think their rigs are the best for the money. I simply have not had that experience, and there are others in this forum who have experienced the same problems as me, or worse. It's interesting that the replies have been varied to my posts, some calling it a rant, some stating it's inappropriate, some private messages telling me I am right, but admitting they are afraid to say what they feel in the forum. I am not trying to start a revolution here, but I will say this: Like it or not, I based my decision to buy GD based on everything I read about the product, what they were doing and how much owners' love the product. My experience has not measured up to my expectation based on owners' reviews, and having posted a few times in this forum I have been met with resistance --for what reason? I am not asking you to agree with me. I am putting my experience out there for the person who is considering GD to understand what they may be in for. I want that person to know that a marketing tag/story in Trailer Life is not the full picture of these rigs, and if that article is correct and is the full picture, then I am right to say that my GD rig is a lemon (another point of contention from some who participate in the forum).

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course they don't want this discussion. They know we are right to question their design, part inclusion decisions.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkadotti View Post
    Of course they don't want this discussion. They know we are right to question their design, part inclusion decisions.
    I really am sorry that you are having so many problems and you have every right to be as upset as you are. If what had happened to you happened to me I would be as unhappy as you are. I believe one reason why nothing changes is the majority of trailers sold don't have all the problems that you have. The part that GD has over other manufactures is that GD will do their best to make your trailer right. I realize that doesn't help with the frustration and aggravation that you have with having to fix everything and the downtime. But that is the best we have for now until someone can find a better way to build them without pricing themselves out of business. Before GD it was hard to find a manufacturer that would even answer the phone after you had bought their trailer.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that GD has responded and the rep has worked with me, and I am appreciative of that. I am just trying to figure out how I can improve the plumbing without having to replace or spend a gabillon hours to do so. I have some ideas, some I can implement, others I will need a professional to address. As I do this, I will try to post it. One of my problems also may be that the 150 series is relatively new to GD, and that may have exacerbated the problem. I don't know that for sure, but it seems plausible.

1. Immediately, I have on order water leak detectors.
    2. I am going to replace the soft hoses with pex. I did that yesterday on the cold water kitchen sink line with a quick connect.
    3. I am going to shore up that heater ducting. It is a mess too. My heater is fine, but that stuff is a disaster
    4. I will never carry anything in that storage compartment that could be ruined by water, so a reorganization of the rig is necessary
    5. All the connectors for plumbing are just a little loose. Yesterday I checked the connector on the water pump, loose. Same thing with the Nautilus, so going through and hand tightening may save me from a future disaster
    6. I wish I had the time and skill to build that trap door for the underbelly. Volunteers?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone used 1/2” barbed fittings on the soft hose? When I installed the dishwasher there was a 4’ soft hose coiled up in the cabinet for the hot water supply with a capped pex fitting. I cut off 3’ of it , got a brass barbed to supply line adapter fitting and hooked washer up. So far so good.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Has anyone used 1/2” barbed fittings on the soft hose? When I installed the dishwasher there was a 4’ soft hose coiled up in the cabinet for the hot water supply with a capped pex fitting. I cut off 3’ of it , got a brass barbed to supply line adapter fitting and hooked washer up. So far so good.
    Charlie
    Hi Charlie,

A 1/2" barbed fitting is the right fitting for the 1/2" soft hose. See the attachment to post 1 of this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...671#post136671

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again to Aridon,minnow101, and Cate& Rob for your follow up responses. I don't mind fixing an occasional little problem but I don't expect to deal with the problems like Polkadotti has with the money i'm spending. GD will have a serious problem on their hands if I have to deal with all his problems. I have owned 2 Coleman Popups,a Trail Manor, and my current Coachman Apex and never had to deal with any major problem with plumbing,electrical,axles or tires or appliances. That is the way it should be. I'm purchasing a Grand Design because of their reputation for making things right.That does not help though when you are trying to enjoy a trip and have to fix shoddy workmanship like Polkadotti .Grand Design will have a serious problem if I have that many problems. Grand Design is suppose to have the best workforce in the industry according to their brochure. This doesn't appear to be the case. I have not taken delivery of my unit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    Thanks again to Aridon,minnow101, and Cate& Rob for your follow up responses. I don't mind fixing an occasional little problem but I don't expect to deal with the problems like Polkadotti has with the money i'm spending. GD will have a serious problem on their hands if I have to deal with all his problems. I have owned 2 Coleman Popups,a Trail Manor, and my current Coachman Apex and never had to deal with any major problem with plumbing,electrical,axles or tires or appliances. That is the way it should be. I'm purchasing a Grand Design because of their reputation for making things right.That does not help though when you are trying to enjoy a trip and have to fix shoddy workmanship like Polkadotti .Grand Design will have a serious problem if I have that many problems. Grand Design is suppose to have the best workforce in the industry according to their brochure. This doesn't appear to be the case. I have not taken delivery of my unit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Unfortunately the best workforce in the industry does not account for the poor standards of the industry.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are so right ncitro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. While I agree that Grand Design could improve their manufacturing (like cleaning up the rats nest behind the basement wall), they are not alone in how they build their products. Name another RV manufacturer that builds a better RV at the same price point - or anything close to it.
    Hello- I'm a new owner and the GD I purchased was about $10,000 more than it's nearest competitors. My last TT was a 2015 FR Rockwood 2702 SS which I had 3 problems with, all very minor. I have posted a review in this section page 7 if anyone wants to read about the warranty issues with my GD.

Briefly, my impression thus far of my GD is this: The cabinetry and wood work, ceiling/ wall finish and appliances for the most part are upgraded. The fit and finish is better, at least what you can see. The other areas are give and take. The fan in the kitchen is a fancy model with wall controls but the bathroom one is a very cheap model. The other 2 vents appear to be very cheap units. The solid surface counter top in the main kitchen area is nice but the other tops at the ends of the area and bathroom are not the same material. The TV was a cheap piece of junk. The exterior gel coat is very thin and the roof gives quite a bit when walking on it. We purchased the GD because of the Washer hookup and interior look. Is it worth the extra $10,000? From what I have experienced and have been reading about as far as actual construction, it does not appear to be.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 05-23-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast