User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been several different brands of awnings used by GDRV over the years. So, comparing awning on Reflections (for example) can still be comparing apples and oranges.

Our 2015 has a single LCI Solera awning. I have found that it is important to keep the pivot points lubricated and even had to replace a couple of these that would not stop binding. Keeping the pivots moving freely minimizes the bending loads on the arms. Our awning will auto-dump water according to the manual . . . although I have never tried this. It has no auto-retract ability.

We use our awning quite frequently, but as someone else said quite a while ago . . . "my awning is not out unless I am under it "

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2877.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 Solitude 310GK-R and the larger dining/main room awning does have auto retract in a wind event. The other awning over the door and bedroom window does not have auto retract. Since they both don't retract in a wind event, I always retract them myself when a wind event is coming and at night.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year we had both of the main awning arms get bent beyond repair on our Momentum. We were hanging outside under the awning to keep out of the rain and the winds really picked up. I told everyone to get inside as I needed to retract the awning.....big mistake I believe. As I retracted it, the damaged occurred, about 3/4 of the way in the arms bent, bad. At this point the awning was stuck in it's current position. Couldn't retract or extend. I believe I should have allowed the hydraulic pistons to do their job of dampening the movement caused by the winds. The entire awning assembly had to be removed (still hasn't been reinstalled, long story!) in order for us to travel back home. Total PIA!!!! Need to haul back to VA to have the awning reinstalled by the RV service company who removed it for us. Live and learn, I hope!
    Eric & Monique Cope...never left at home, our dog, Olive. Machipongo VA.
    2017 350M
    2017 F350 DRW, Crew cab, 8 ft bed, 4.10 axle. 27,500 lb. Reese Hitch
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    We use our awning quite frequently, but as someone else said quite a while ago . . . "my awning is not out unless I am under it "

Rob
    Best advice anyone could ask for!
    Loyd - USMC Retired & Dean - SSA Retired
    Looking to Full Time as soon as we buy a 397TH
    Currently working as a Government Contractor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12