User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mndcamper View Post
    I'm intrigued by the idea of the tank "collapsing" due to some temperature condition.
    This is usually a concern when people put a valve on the overflow tube. I put one on our trailer so we don't lose water as we drive to a remote location. But if you forget to open it...tank can't vent.
    But yours has no valve...you weren't using the pump..so I don't think it is your fresh tank. Maybe grey or black tank? Any of the coroplast hanging lower than it did before ie.. a tank falling?
    If it were me...and there are no leaks..I would keep on camping. You don't seem to use the fresh tank much anyway. Bring it in to have it looked at in the off season if you are so inclined.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 06-28-2023 at 05:41 AM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another thought, did the bang even come from your rig? I agree with the above, if all works as it should and looks as it should, then keep on camping. On the other hand, you cant see the underbelly. It could have been a strap that let go but there's only one way to find out. I doubt GD would cover the cost to remove the underbelly just to inspect but they would if a problem would be discovered. Not much help was I.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to the latest recommendation, from Keebler (thanks for it), I have ordered the flow gauge in question in order to at least establish a baseline for my problem.

I'll keep the thread posted. Tx for everybody's time on this. Nick

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As to the latest recommendation, from Keebler (thanks for it), I have ordered the flow gauge in question in order to at least establish a baseline for my problem.

I'll keep the thread posted. Tx for everybody's time on this. Nick
    On other thing to consider, Buy or find someone that has one of these https://depstech.com/collections/vid...h-screen-ds580

Then you only need to undo a couple of edge fasteners and you can pretty much look things over. Most plumbers have them and you may find an RV teck with one but for the price of having them come out you can buy. Come in handy for a lot of things too.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, powerscol, that's pretty cool.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering if I couldn't just run an endoscope up the drain hole of the fresh water tank instead of having to partially undo the coroplast.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering if I couldn't just run an endoscope up the drain hole of the fresh water tank instead of having to partially undo the coroplast.
    It couldn't hurt to try it. But you will likely need to drop the coroplast anyway,
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an endoscope similar to the one in the link from @powerscol. It helped me find a water leak on our previous trailer so I knew exactly where to open the coroplast. It has also come in handy for more than the RV. I've used it to inspect the drain line coming out of our heat pump's air handler along with inspecting the coils without having to take the main access panel off. It also worked well looking for leaks when I installed a new dishwasher that has the water connection in the back. It let me verify that moving the dishwasher didn't cause the hose to loosen. It also works well as a flashlight for tight spaces that you can see into but not get a regular flashlight into a usable position. I think they are a worthwhile addition to any toolbox.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2023 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ordered one.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    On other thing to consider, Buy or find someone that has one of these https://depstech.com/collections/vid...h-screen-ds580

Then you only need to undo a couple of edge fasteners and you can pretty much look things over. Most plumbers have them and you may find an RV teck with one but for the price of having them come out you can buy. Come in handy for a lot of things too.
    You can find much cheaper ones (<$25) on Amazon or Ebay that attach to your cell phone as the screen. They work fine for a quick look under the coloroplast. Search "borescope"
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast