Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Could Kick Myself, But I have to Ask About Pricing

As I have mentioned we are not newbies, but I have a newbie question.

I feel I am a pretty good negotiator, but not stupid. What I mean is I won't walk on a $500 difference just to save face, but will respectfully play hardball to get a fair deal. What is a average % I can expect off the MSRP? Our Current rig we got 30% off MSRP.

Curtis

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGDG93 View Post
    As I have mentioned we are not newbies, but I have a newbie question.

I feel I am a pretty good negotiator, but not stupid. What I mean is I won't walk on a $500 difference just to save face, but will respectfully play hardball to get a fair deal. What is a average % I can expect off the MSRP? Our Current rig we got 30% off MSRP.

Curtis
    Around 25-30% seems to be average.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to get 28% off MSRP when I ordered a Reflection 28BH in October 2018, We took delivery on Monday and we love it.

Kevin
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25-30% seems to be the norm for most RV's. Not sure if its just a game to make us buyers be able to beat our chests and feel like "Man Did I Get A Deal!". You know dealers don't lose money on rigs and stay in business.

I have to tell ya'll this, I have a friend who blames his wife for them paying MSRP. By the look on his face when he makes mention of this he is not happy that she did this. Something else is it was a dealer they had bought from before and they help them at the VA RV show, go figure??

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How often when shopping do you see one price on something and say yea but whats the real price. Then there it is much lower. Seems like all manufacturers set one price then the stores set their own lower price to get people to buy the product. Always makes them feel they got a good deal. Wonder if there's a standard deduction that everyone goes by.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    How often when shopping do you see one price on something and say yea but whats the real price. Then there it is much lower. Seems like all manufacturers set one price then the stores set their own lower price to get people to buy the product. Always makes them feel they got a good deal. Wonder if there's a standard deduction that everyone goes by.
    Always multiple pricing schemes, depending upon where you are in the supply chain. Think retail Vs wholesale pricing......as then compared to what it actually cost the manufacturer to produce the product. Now apply real world implementation, where a "large" wholesaler gets "preferential" pricing from the manufacturer, so you can have so many "real" prices on a given product/service.....what makes the world go around, and makes salesmen act and say the things they do
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got our 230RL for $24998, MSRP was $41224. So that equals just over 39% off if my math is correct. Granted this unit was on the dealers lot for just over 5 months and they were definitely more aggressive with the negotiating. The deals are out there, we did have to drive just over 150 miles for this unit though. Our closest dealers were only around the 20% - 25% off MSRP.
    Last edited by Pawsitive Camping Life; 02-28-2019 at 09:39 AM. Reason: spell check!
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if we are all talking apples to apples when referring to MSRP. Using the GD website build and price tool the MSRP for the 303rls I'm buying comes out to $58,500 and clearly states that it does not include freight. My dealer's MSRP is $63,288 and that includes freight to Southern California. That is typical of the pricing I see at all dealers with 300 miles. Assuming no other fees are included, that means that freight was $4800 to ship my trailer more than 2000 miles. Does that sound right? Anyways, I'm paying $43,850 before tax/license. That 25% off the GD MSRP or 31% off the dealer's MSRP. So, when people throw around their percentage under MSRP, which MSRP are they referring to?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    Typically they are referring to the GD website.

HTH,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD68 View Post
    I wonder if we are all talking apples to apples when referring to MSRP. Using the GD website build and price tool the MSRP for the 303rls I'm buying comes out to $58,500 and clearly states that it does not include freight. My dealer's MSRP is $63,288 and that includes freight to Southern California. That is typical of the pricing I see at all dealers with 300 miles. Assuming no other fees are included, that means that freight was $4800 to ship my trailer more than 2000 miles. Does that sound right? Anyways, I'm paying $43,850 before tax/license. That 25% off the GD MSRP or 31% off the dealer's MSRP. So, when people throw around their percentage under MSRP, which MSRP are they referring to?
    $4800 to ship (tow) your trailer one way seems steep. I'm probably about the same distance from the factory as you. When the carrier showed up take my trailer back to the factory I asked him how much $$$. He told me $2k, including fuel and coming from Idaho empty to pick it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast