Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

29RS Wall/Slide Issue?

Whenever the kitchen slide moves in and out the lower corner of the wall between the slide and door moves approx 1/4 inch on first movement of the slide, the movement is only at the lower right wall corner next to the slide and black tray. I have lubricated the schwintek components as per Lci maintenance video with no change. I have also witnessed this in another 29RS model. Contacted Grand Design and they have advised a dealer to look at this. Just wondering if others have ever noted the same thing. I have attached a picture for location reference, water stain in picture is from previous/ongoing leak that I feel may be associated this issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InkedWAll_LI.jpg  

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt about it, go get that checked. It's hard to know exactly what is going on without a video but any way movement could be a sign that the wall wasn't attached properly to whatever framing is in that area. I would not screw around on that and get it in.

If you can post a video of it, might be more helpful. You can upload one to Google photos and link it.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to a video sent to GD. The Rv caulking was the dealer water leak repair, which had limited sucsess.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/brtynaryly...74656.mp4?dl=0

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I don't know if it's normal but it would bother me and I'd go so far as to say if it's normal that is some half ****** work. I'd find a dealer with some in inventory and get a bigger sample size to verify.

I'd be concerned with that flexing over time creating issues down the road.

Regardless of what they say, I'd fix it if they didn't.

Nice metal bracket on the exterior, painted white and driven into the sub floor there would help and if you needed more support higher up you could add some trim screwed to the sub floor to add support on the interior wall for the metal to bite into. That would be my half ****** first attempt at fixing.

I'd expect Grand design to fix it though. I've owned a number of RVs of wide price points and never saw that nor would I let that go without a fix.

Good luck, I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.
    2019 Momentum 395

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is scheduled for a GD dealer but not until October due to there busy schedule. My brother in law has the same model 29RS and his moves as well.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recall time.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about sending this to higher level than the Service level at GD?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob.bunnett View Post
    Thinking about sending this to higher level than the Service level at GD?
    Let Emily know

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo.../5697-EStahley
    2019 Momentum 395

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine does the same thing. The schwintek motor is right there at the bottom. It appears as though it is mounted in a u-shaped track. It also appears that the track is not secured behind the motor.
    I did not have help to see if the back lower motor does the same thing. If we can not get results I will be at the rally the end of the month and will question it there.

Maybe Jim or Rob could move this to the manufactures page or tag Emily so we can get GD involved.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention as I will be keeping an eye on this. Hopefully tomorrow I will have help to do a little more investigating.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, on our units the motor is located at the top with a drive arm extended to a gear at the lower schwintek tracking, either way there does not seem to be alot of support for driving this size of slide. I am curious to hear what they think at the rally, we live on Ontario,Canada so have not had the opportunity to go to one of these rally"s. I have not viewed the backside as well. the reason this was recently caught is due to a water leak in the same area.
    There is factory sealant viewed from the wheel well at the lower wall and the local rv dealer has re-caulked this with success but after a few usuages of the slide it eventually leaks again, suspect the wall movement ?
    Will tag Emily on this as well,

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast