User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MCICableMan View Post
    Howson, yes I call it the casket effect of having those two shirt closet walls right next to the bed. My concern was having room to roll over at night and not slam my arms on that wall waking myself up LOL.
    In the end we decided on the Reflection 297, however it didn't go over well with the kids when we showed them one so we ended up going with the 312 BHTS, working a deal on one now.
    I agree the 315 would have been outstanding but way over the payload of my 2011 F250.
    Wife and I have agreed next truck is F350 dually and we can buy any RV we want and not worry about it. Plus the 2017+ Fords have an amazing 48 gal tank which is a huge plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the specs on the 312 are virtually identical to the 315. If the 315 is too heavy, so is the 312.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ComparisonReflection.JPG  
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is how we reached our decision. We owned a Keystone Premier 30RIPR with the opposing slides and outdoor entertainment. If you compare this to the 2950 and the 297RSTS (btw, what does RSTS stand for?) the 297RSTS is almost identical to the 30RIPR. Our 30RIPR was bought back from us by Keystone and we just put down a deposit on the 297RSTS. Why?

When we go camping, we spend a lot of time outside, only using the dinette area for lunch and maybe dinner and sometimes after dark entertaining if cold outside, so it's placement on the street side really wasn't an issue. Like others have said, when we camp, our sites are usually large and not so close so our neighbors aren't too much of a factor. With the kitchen curbside, we gained both the outdoor entertainment area and the outdoor kitchen that neither the 2950 or the 31RLTS (rear lounge triple slide - I get that one) had due to the placement of the kitchen. The 31RLTS was also longer (we were trying to go shorter from our 2004 32DBHS then our 30RIPR) and the 31 was just too long and too heavy for us. If we want to see whats going on under our awning, we can look out the kitchen window or maybe change out the frosted door window for one that is clear.

We also liked the differences in the trim level of the Reflection versus the Imagine; to us it looked to have more 'meat' to it if that makes sense.

If there is one thing we have learned it's this - everyone uses their camper differently and what is important to one person is different from the next person.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DCARLTON

Welcome to the forum. That is a very good first post, informative and well worded. Hope you become a regular. I guess I do not know what RSTS stands for either. We have the 5er version but it is a RS, not sure what that stands for either. We like the floor plan for about the same reasons as you do , and like you said , different for all people.
    Keep us posted on the new 297 and when you get it make a post in the new member intro to get a proper welcome.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howson - You are right, the 315 is only 100 pounds more payload, closer than I remembered. I thought with that front bedroom slide it would have had more tongue weight. I guess I was also thinking about that huge front closet and how with a washer and dryer and filling that closet up it would increase the payload on the truck.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a great thread for me to read thank you everyone. We have been looking for 2 years at RV's and I thought I was sold on a Sundance by Heartland but we have decided on a 297RLTS. We were at a dealer in Central Fl this week and after 3 1/2 hours on 4 different TT the 297RLTS was the right choice. I've managed to find a 2018 that is a whole lot less than a 2019. We will be traveling between Wasaga Beach and Florida for the winter and 2 months from Wasaga Beach to Winnipeg.
    Really looking forward to this change for us now to buy a tow vehicle.

Ken

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    ... now to buy a tow vehicle.
    Ken,
    Welcome to the forum! The 297RSTS is the trailer that first made my wife and I aware of GD.

Without knowing how much you know (or don't know) about tow vehicles (TV) I urge you to check out this thread in the REFERENCE LIBRARY: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ing-Capability

In the first post of that thread you'll find multiple resources that will help you to understand all the issues and terminology, including links to videos. Many of us on the forum are in the TwoTimeTV Club (and there's at least two members in the ThreeTimeTV Club). They aren't real clubs--it's our way of trying to keep others from repeating our mistakes by poking fun at ourselves. Making a mistake on the truck can get expensive--I know from personal experience.

If you have any specific questions, please start a new thread in the Tow Vehicle sub-group.

Again, welcome, and congrats on the 297!

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Ken,
    Welcome to the forum! The 297RSTS is the trailer that first made my wife and I aware of GD.

Without knowing how much you know (or don't know) about tow vehicles (TV) I urge you to check out this thread in the REFERENCE LIBRARY: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ing-Capability

In the first post of that thread you'll find multiple resources that will help you to understand all the issues and terminology, including links to videos. Many of us on the forum are in the TwoTimeTV Club (and there's at least two members in the ThreeTimeTV Club). They aren't real clubs--it's our way of trying to keep others from repeating our mistakes by poking fun at ourselves. Making a mistake on the truck can get expensive--I know from personal experience.

If you have any specific questions, please start a new thread in the Tow Vehicle sub-group.

Again, welcome, and congrats on the 297!

-Howard
    Thanks Howard

I've just read this thread for the 4th time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    FYI, My 297 tongue weight is around 1400 lbs. and not much can be done about it. I have two 6V golf cart batteries and maybe 20-30 lbs of electronics on the FWD pass-thru wall, and of course two 30# LP tanks. I also replaced the pass-thru wall material with 1/2" plywood when I did my mods, and probably used 2 sheets of material. That adds some weight too, but on the plus side, I was able to square off the AFT pass-thru wall similar to the Imagines and gained some usable space.

I know that I have mentioned this before, but I do like to toot my horn sometimes: For those who feel that the street side dinette is a deal-breaker, check out my mod to swap the dinette and rear sofa. I am truly falling in love with this arrangement and feel it's superior to either the curb-side or street-side dinette. I have a window that is about 72"x30" with a great view of the elk here at Trailer Village at the Grand Canyon. Lots more leg room and comfortable seating for 4 or 6 depending on the table size you install (up to 72"). See my web page at http://www.klenger.net/dinette-swap.html for details.

Attachment 14414
    Your link does not work
    2023 Reflection, 297RSTS
    2023 F250, CC, SWB, 7.3 Godzilla
    Reese Strait-Line Hitch
    SGM, USA (Ret), SCUBA Diver

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    DCARLTON

Welcome to the forum. That is a very good first post, informative and well worded. Hope you become a regular. I guess I do not know what RSTS stands for either. We have the 5er version but it is a RS, not sure what that stands for either. We like the floor plan for about the same reasons as you do , and like you said , different for all people.
    Keep us posted on the new 297 and when you get it make a post in the new member intro to get a proper welcome.

Brian
    Rear Seating Two Slide?
    2023 Reflection, 297RSTS
    2023 F250, CC, SWB, 7.3 Godzilla
    Reese Strait-Line Hitch
    SGM, USA (Ret), SCUBA Diver

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rottekatz View Post
    Your link does not work
    Quote Originally Posted by rottekatz View Post
    Rear Seating Two Slide?
    Just so new members/posters will know - this is a very old thread and several of the original posters are no longer on the forum.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123