User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 Reflection 337rls with electric auto 4 point leveling system. Absolutely love it, but hate the control panel for it. I have read the instructions a couple times and watched videos and I can never remember what to hit twice for this and twice for that...…….It works, but i'm not using it to its full advantage because of user interface and OLD timers. Either way, auto level is awesome. Also I see where people said stuff about tires off the ground? I'm at a loss for that. Why should the tires still contact the ground? To me if I notice one of the tires come off the ground i'm like cool, not as much shaking around.
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7l 4x4 regular cab 3.73 gears 68rfe trans. Payload 6255lbs
    2016 Reflection 337rls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimpack View Post
    I have a 2016 Reflection 337rls with electric auto 4 point leveling system. Absolutely love it, but hate the control panel for it. I have read the instructions a couple times and watched videos and I can never remember what to hit twice for this and twice for that...…….It works, but i'm not using it to its full advantage because of user interface and OLD timers. Either way, auto level is awesome. Also I see where people said stuff about tires off the ground? I'm at a loss for that. Why should the tires still contact the ground? To me if I notice one of the tires come off the ground i'm like cool, not as much shaking around.
    Hi Stim,
    Yeah, a lot of us have "old timers syndrome"...especially with new tech!
    I've found that if I wrote down the sequence, it helped until I "got it" !!

Basically, an easy process ....
    Turn ON,
    use up or down arrows to choose
    GROUND FRONT JACKS
    UNHITCH and pull TV away
    PRESS AUTO LEVEL
    Done...

IDK why, but I've found no need to start nose high, to commence Auto Level on the 3.0 system ??
    In fact, raising the front jacks further after its grounded, actually prevents the system from "remembering" the disconnect height when you go to RECONNECT...
    (and when you're ready to depart).

If you check out the level side to side and front to back and its not perfectly level,
    you may need to reset the zero configuration point. The procedure is easy enough, but requires a little more "button pushing" and is found in the Lippert 3.0 manual.

Hope this helps.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im a true fan of the auto level feature. And the auto reconnect feature. Have worked flawlessly so far.

Once I hit auto level I can walk around, connect up my water, electric etc while it is leveling. By the time Im done, it's level and next step is a beer.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Im a true fan of the auto level feature. And the auto reconnect feature. Have worked flawlessly so far.

Once I hit auto level I can walk around, connect up my water, electric etc while it is leveling. By the time Im done, it's level and next step is a beer.

Mike
    Ditto on the cold beer !!!

BUT.... I always hook up power before anything !
    I use an EMS PT 50X power management system and will go no further until it clicks ON !! Got all set up once and had to break it all back down and move bc of a bad power pedestal.

Michael

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good point. Actually thinking about it, in the summer, I usually hook electric up first, make sure I have good power, and then turn on the a/c while Im doing everything else. That way when DW starts to take care of the inside, it has cooled a tad bit.

Mike
    Last edited by Walaby; 05-11-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the auto level feature on our Reflection fiver. I know there are a lot of veteran RVers here who can level anything with just their grit and a cell phone app. I am not one of those people. I want to drive up to the campsite, put my Andersen Jack Blocks down, hit the button and watch the magic dance. It minimizes the time the wife and kids have to complain before they can go inside the trailer lol.

IMO there are a few other things to consider in your decision.

1. What kind of truck are you going to tow the thing with? That 2004 1500 series truck may not have the payload capacity to tow a heavy fiver. Take a look at the yellow payload sticker on your doorjamb. Then take 20% of the GVW of the trailer as a rough guestimate of the pin weight. Add you and your wife, and whatever else goes in the truck to the pin weight to see if you're over.

2. Reflection vs Solitude fiver. They use the same end components - all the stuff is made by the same companies. The capacities may be different. IOW the Reflection may have an 8 cu ft fridge while the Solitude has a 12 cu ft model. The Solitudes tend to have room for a washer/dryer. That's the one big thing we miss having in our trailer! Solutudes are also heavier. Again, watch the pin weight.

3. Check with your state's licensure requirements. For our state, if we go over 15k lbs GVW on the trailer, we need a non-commercial class A license. Not a huge deal, but it's a PITA to go through all that. Our Reflection is about 11k lbs GVW so all I had to do was get a trailers endorsement, which was fairly simple. But know what the requirements are and decide if you want to go through the hassle of getting that non-comm Class A.

4. 3-4 months usage is still fairly light usage. From a use standpoint, you could probably get by with either a Reflection or Solitude. If you're going to live in it full time, I'd say get the Solitude or better yet, a Momentum.

5. Definitely get a storage shed for the trailer. I don't have one, and it's a PITA to get up on the roof to blow out all the leaves in the gutters and scrub down the roof to get all the mildew on after the winter rains.

Hope that helps!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't had any issues with the LCI 3.0 on ours, but I have started carrying Jack Blocks from Anderson Hitches (see link) as we have been at some locations where the concrete pad is not level and the jacks have "run out of stroke".

https://andersenhitches.com/Products...lock-2pak.aspx
    2017 F350 Lariat
    Co-Pilot RV Navigation System
    Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Package
    B&W Companion 25K
    Trail Air 18K King Pin
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Winegard Connect 2.0 4G/LTE Wifi Extender
    Winegard Traveler HD Antenna
    Honda EU3000is Generator onboard
    Boston Whaler Dauntless Boat

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mestubbe View Post
    I haven't had any issues with the LCI 3.0 on ours, but I have started carrying Jack Blocks from Anderson Hitches (see link) as we have been at some locations where the concrete pad is not level and the jacks have "run out of stroke".

https://andersenhitches.com/Products...lock-2pak.aspx
    $ 100 for 2 blocks means $200 for 4 ???

Naaaah .... I got those interlocking 8 x 8 yellow blocks that work just fine !!!
    Come 10 to a set and take up no room.

Got better things to spend $$$ on than Homer buckets !! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

I love the guy washing his rig while standing on one... OOPS !!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    $ 100 for 2 blocks means $200 for 4 ???

Naaaah .... I got those interlocking 8 x 8 yellow blocks that work just fine !!!
    Come 10 to a set and take up no room.

Got better things to spend $$$ on than Homer buckets !!
    I constantly see people crush those, and buy new ones, over and over. Spend it now or later but you’ll end up spending the same either way.
    You’re paying for the durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I constantly see people crush those, and buy new ones, over and over. Spend it now or later but you’ll end up spending the same either way.
    You’re paying for the durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IDK Dave....
    Maybe they're the ones with 16K rigs ??

I bought mine 2 years ago, traveled coast to coast for 8 months and 12K .miles (using them everyday)
    and never had one crush ???

Then again, I'm a lightweight, or at least my rig is.����

Michael

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast