User Tag List

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tough table leaf!!

Ok so I'm posting this with great embarrassment hoping it will prevent someone else doing it. So we were in Todd Mission Tx this past weekend dry camping at the Rennaissance Festival. Weather was perfect until time to leave Sunday morning, raining pretty hard. I had everything buttoned up and put in front slide and rear two slides, then started on two main slides. So they go in most of the way then the dinette slide slows down and bows back out at the top. I'm like WTH?? Ok so I run them back out and try again...nope same result..not good. My son-in-law says let me squeeze in and see what's up, yep you guessed it, I forgot to fold down the table leaf extension and it was ramming up against the island with hydraulic force! I would like to thank the Grand Design person who installed that kitchen island....that is one tough son of a gun, no damage what so ever! Lol Anyways those of you with any kind of table extension etc don't forget to lower it please.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing this Jeff! I will assume our table would also hit the island with the leaf extended. If so, I suspect I won't be using that leaf! An accident waiting to happen.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Ok so I'm posting this with great embarrassment hoping it will prevent someone else doing it. So we were in Todd Mission Tx this past weekend dry camping at the Rennaissance Festival. Weather was perfect until time to leave Sunday morning, raining pretty hard. I had everything buttoned up and put in front slide and rear two slides, then started on two main slides. So they go in most of the way then the dinette slide slows down and bows back out at the top. I'm like WTH?? Ok so I run them back out and try again...nope same result..not good. My son-in-law says let me squeeze in and see what's up, yep you guessed it, I forgot to fold down the table leaf extension and it was ramming up against the island with hydraulic force! I would like to thank the Grand Design person who installed that kitchen island....that is one tough son of a gun, no damage what so ever! Lol Anyways those of you with any kind of table extension etc don't forget to lower it please.

I havent made this mistake yet...I was really worried I would and so I put a little reminder to “check table” with the label maker above the slide in toggle switch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6C3443F-03F2-43F9-A0AD-86E7675C360C.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	936.8 KB 
ID:	16415
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwktlg8 View Post
    I havent made this mistake yet...I was really worried I would and so I put a little reminder to “check table” with the label maker above the slide in toggle switch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6C3443F-03F2-43F9-A0AD-86E7675C360C.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	936.8 KB 
ID:	16415
    That's a great idea, I will get a label maker! Thank you!!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Thank you for sharing this Jeff! I will assume our table would also hit the island with the leaf extended. If so, I suspect I won't be using that leaf! An accident waiting to happen.
    Yes it is indeed and you're welcome. Sometimes breaking camp in these things is like pre-flighting an airplane lol !
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd post a little follow up on my table leaf ordeal The trailer is at the dealer getting a couple of minor things taken care of and getting the correct generator exhaust installed! So I told them about my little slide screwup and can they check the kitchen island because it has a little uhh wiggle in it now lol. Yep sure enough I did manage to pull the island screws a little loose from the floor. They were very gracious about it and said they'd handle it, easy fix. Apparently you can get to the screws by removing the island trim around the floor. Kudos to my dealer (even though they installed the wrong exhaust on the Onan install). I have since put a label on slide one switch saying "table" as someone suggested in this thread
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for sharing your incidence. It will help a lot of people and they will be cautious.