User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MorRyde IS vs Roadmaster Slipper Springs

Trying to research which one of these is better. Or at least understanding the differences. Anybody have one of these systems?? Pros and cons please. Thanx!!
    Devin & Roberta & Bizee (Border Collie)
    2015 Ram Laramie Cummins w/Aisin 4.10 CC LB 4x4
    Titan 55 Gal midship fuel tank
    2018 384GK Solitude
    B & W Companion Hitch
    4 - 165 watt solar panels, 2800 watt Magnum inverter
    Blue Sky 30/24il controller, 4 FullRiver 6V 250AH Batts

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you'll look at images of both systems, you'll see that they are entirely different engineering concepts. The Slipper Springs are still springs with solid axles. The MOR/ryde IS has an independent trailing link with a rubber spring and shock absorber at each wheel position. The IS has almost twice the travel and what one wheel does doesn't affect the other three. You can draw your own conclusions, but if you can afford it - and the cost is worth the benefits in your situation - the MOR/ryde IS has no peer.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you'll look at images of both systems, you'll see that they are entirely different engineering concepts. The Slipper Springs are still springs with solid axles. The MOR/ryde IS has an independent trailing link with a rubber spring and shock absorber at each wheel position. The IS has almost twice the travel and what one wheel does doesn't affect the other three. You can draw your own conclusions, but if you can afford it - and the cost is worth the benefits in your situation - the MOR/ryde IS has no peer.

Rob
    The MORryde system would be the Cadillac for sure. For a cheaper alternative, the Road Master slipper spring system would also certainly be better that any equalizer type system. Interesting article below where they write about rear axle rise when its actually the front axle that rises on heavy braking. Thing is either of these systems will cure the issues we are encountering during heavy braking on a equalizer type system IMO. They do not sell a system for 3500lb axles. Unfortunately.
    http://roadmasterinc.com/products/tr...fort_ride.html
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinh2 View Post
    Trying to research which one of these is better. Or at least understanding the differences. Anybody have one of these systems?? Pros and cons please. Thanx!!
    The Roadmaster is far superior.
    I had a Morryde 4000 and it failed.
    The Roadmaster is far more durable with many less moving parts.
    Slipper spings have been used on commercial trucks, very successfully, for many years.
    Any suspension using any type of equalizer is destined to fail. There are just too many moving parts. Even high quality bronze bushings getting regular greasing does not do much to extend the life of a system with shackles in it.
    I'm a full-time 5th wheel owner and I don't compromise on the suspension on my trailer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Peggy and Jamey Matheny
    2016 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel 369RL Serial #G1104808
    As of 19 April 2019, 792 nights and 23,887 trailer miles.
    2015 Ford F-250 4X4 Super Cab SRW 148" WB 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2825Matheny View Post
    The Roadmaster is far superior.
    I had a Morryde 4000 and it failed.
    The Roadmaster is far more durable with many less moving parts.
    Slipper spings have been used on commercial trucks, very successfully, for many years.
    Any suspension using any type of equalizer is destined to fail. There are just too many moving parts. Even high quality bronze bushings getting regular greasing does not do much to extend the life of a system with shackles in it.
    I'm a full-time 5th wheel owner and I don't compromise on the suspension on my trailer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    The OP was asking about the MOR/ryde IS - independent suspension. That's a completely different animal from the 4000 series for leaf springs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't done my own research on suspension (yet). Just from what I've picked up by reading threads, the choices (in perceived order of performance & price) are:

Stock Suspension (w/o wet bolts)
    Stock Suspension (w/wet bolts)
    MorRyde 3000
    MorRyde 4000
    RoadMaster Slipper Springs
    MorRyde IS

What did I miss?
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Roadmaster looks very interesting, I will be doing some more reading.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roadmaster slipper springs look to be setup for for replacing closed eye spring (shackle springs) with slipper spring with just changing out the center equalizer setup. Fairly quick and easier that modifying entire suspension.

BUT: What I am not fond of with the Roadmaster setup is front axle is trailing spring eye mount and the rear axle is leading the spring eye mount, similar to the shackle style setup. Both Dexter and Lippert slipper spring setups both have spring eye trailing axles.

My opinion is that trailing axles will provide better braking and axle tracking.

Although Roadmaster looks like a great setup its design is baised on ease of instalation.
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with Pat's assessment of the Roadmaster. No one would design a slipper spring suspension with the slipper end leading . . . unless they were trying to compromise to fit existing equalizer attachment hangers.

The other question that I have not figured out is that the equalizer supporters insist that the springs must be connected to share the load . . . and they have data for this. The slipper spring supporters insist that the springs must be isolated from each other . . . and they have data for that .

From what I have figured out so far, I think one is better for travel (equalizer) and one is better for braking (slipper).

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    From what I have figured out so far, I think one is better for travel (equalizer) and one is better for braking (slipper).

Rob
    Agreed.......
    Pat&Marlene Gyrogearloose - 2010 Itasca Meridian 34y - 6.7 w/Allison 6spd - Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - previous Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast