User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    As a clarification, the Grand Design Owners Forum on FB is not run by GD. Although GD did host a meeting at the Elkhart headquarters for many of the GD centric FB group administrators about what was being discussed on these FB pages. It was shortly thereafter(especially on the Grand Design Owners Forum page) where several Owners that were critical of GD on build quality and/or service were summarily booted off the page.
    Part of the confusion. There is the "Grand Design Owners" Group, which is not run by GD. And then there is the "Grand Design RV" group that IS (along with the "GDRV4Life" Group). And another 72+ others with "Grand Design" in the name. Interesting how many use a version of the company logo...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Part of the confusion. There is the "Grand Design Owners" Group, which is not run by GD. And then there is the "Grand Design RV" group that IS (along with the "GDRV4Life" Group). And another 72+ others with "Grand Design" in the name. Interesting how many use a version of the company logo...
    I don't specifically see any FB group called "Grand Design RV" when doing a search on FB. There is a Grand Design RV Owners and a separate Grand Design RV Group whose group message states "A place where individuals who want to share info on their Grand Design RV. This is not or has any affiliation with the official corporation of Grand Design RV)
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I don't specifically see any FB group called "Grand Design RV" when doing a search on FB. There is a Grand Design RV Owners and a separate Grand Design RV Group whose group message states "A place where individuals who want to share info on their Grand Design RV. This is not or has any affiliation with the official corporation of Grand Design RV)
    See the link provided by Grand Design: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...-support-links The Admins are several well known GD managers.
    Hence the apparent retreat to an inbound managed customer process - their official group gets lost in the clutter.

In the early days (what - only 2-3 years ago??) I loved that they did a lot of outreach here and in the few FB groups existing. Showed that they had a true commitment to taking care of their customers. I doubt that has changed, but the ability to go out and troll for questions and concerns has become severely compromised by the vast array of communications channels. I haven't even dared look at Twitter, Instagram, etc. to see how many other conglomerations of users there are there, too.

Back before retirement, I used to provide IT support - and had to manage my captive group of users communicating via phone, text, email, Google Groups, and yes, FB - and THAT was a challenge, especially when the user would change channels mid-conversation with no notice. (e-mail, FB, then phone...etc) I shudder to think of how hard it would be now, when users can setup their own methods, and then demand to still be heard...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Andy - It has been a few weeks. What can you can share with the forum group on not only GDRV future forum participation but anything else regarding the new marriage with your group ?

Dan
    No update yet... I will post as soon as possible.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since there has been no response from GD, can we assume GD has decided to abandon our forum ?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can’t speak for GD but I can tell you we are working with their trademark attorney and hope we can resolve any issues they have. It’s my understanding they have gone after many GD related things like Facebook Groups, nick knack vendors etc as a legal compliance effort to protect their brand.

The issue is that they never had an issue in the past but know they do and there are legal nuances about that which we are trying to work out.

After repeated attempts to reach out to folks at GD I’ve only heard silence. I am guessing that they must be waiting for Winnebago’s outside trademark counsel to work things out before chatting with us.

It appears to me this is probably driven by the new ownership of Winnebago and their counsel taking actions that you need to do every so often to prove you are protecting your brand so you can keep your trademarks.

FWIW - I learned about this after the deal was done. I guess it started last summer When they reached out to people but they never followed up. Then as the ownership transition to was completed they voiced their concern again.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy

Thanks for the update.
    I have been thinking about this each time somebody posts in the "feedback to manufacture" areas. I believe since late last summer when GD introduced GDRV4life website and sometime after kinda stopped being on here I think they are trying to get everybody to use this new site for contacting and keeping up to date with GD. This would make sense since this is there own site and can be monitored better. I also think they pay a little more attention to facebook because there are way more users there than here on this forum. All that being said I can not understand why they are not at least checking in here and giving us a little info when asked , after all this is way more of a comprehendible site that facebook , but it could also be because this is a well looked after and moderated site that they do not need to worry about it.
    Just an opinion but maybe something valid.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, a new video from the the owner Don Clark, mentions our forum and shows a shot of it including the Grand Design logo. This was from a few days ago
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Funny, a new video from the the owner Don Clark, mentions our forum and shows a shot of it including the Grand Design logo. This was from a few days ago
    Jim - what is the link to the video or where can it be found. Just spent some time looking on various sites and did not locate it.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6:38 into this video loaded 2 days ago....

https://youtu.be/7NO_Gf9fZl8
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast