User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer Service issue - 2018 Reflection Fridge Problem

I'm posting here in general forum because it's more of a customer service / reliability issue at this point. So, I've been without my fridge in the 2018 Reflection for quite a while now. I finally got Dometic warranty service to come out this week--the only other option was to part with unit for 2+months (loss of use). The fridge worked okay for 2 days after that. Now it's back to running on propane even though we're hooked to electric. Grand Design wants to go through Dometic warranty or order the parts "on back order" (exact words with a GD person I talked to). The Dometic tech service apparently didn't provide a permanent solution, and I'm out $100 service call on a brand new rig. WTF?!

Is there a particular person at Grand Design you would involve at this point?

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, was it running on propane before the service call? Kind of sounds like it. Apologize for my confusion. Emily Stahley in customer service has an awesome track record.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chemist308 - It would seem that you need assistance from GDRV and our way to do that through this forum is to post the situation in the manufacturer’s section and tag Emily Stahley who works for Grand Design. I will move your post to that section and change the title slightly.

Rob
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 11-22-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess this will be the first section of the forum I check from now on. So basically what's been happening is that the fridge fails to run on electric, and then fails to ignite with propane. The last time a Dometic tech looked at this he said he replaced a fuse, but "had to fiddle with it" (his words) to get it to run on electric. 2 days later (today) it switched back to propane. About 3 hours after doing that it failed to ignite, throwing an LP error--same thing it did weeks ago causing us to throw out all our food. I'm not out of propane--it's in the 30's outside but our furnace is keeping the trailer nice and warm and I was just at the stove when I noticed the fridge wasn't running at all. My humble opinion is that it's a bad board and we're getting screwed around.

Speaking of bad boards, the dometic water heater is now on it's 2nd bad board--it only runs on electric. The tech who came this week also looked at that but left without completing the repair because he needs Dometic to approve it and send him a board.

Oh, and since photos are accepted, here's a pic of all the food I'm about to lose again:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3680.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	16443

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    I'm posting here in general forum because it's more of a customer service / reliability issue at this point. So, I've been without my fridge in the 2018 Reflection for quite a while now. I finally got Dometic warranty service to come out this week--the only other option was to part with unit for 2+months (loss of use). The fridge worked okay for 2 days after that. Now it's back to running on propane even though we're hooked to electric. Grand Design wants to go through Dometic warranty or order the parts "on back order" (exact words with a GD person I talked to). The Dometic tech service apparently didn't provide a permanent solution, and I'm out $100 service call on a brand new rig. WTF?!

Is there a particular person at Grand Design you would involve at this point?
    Good morning! I am sorry for the delay. I took the last few days to spend time with my family since everyone was off work and school!

OK.... so in order to proceed, I would need to know the VIN of your unit please. You can either post it, or message it to me.

Once I have that I can dig further!

Thank you!

Emily

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    .... so in order to proceed, I would need to know the VIN of your unit please. You can either post it, or message it to me....
    EStahley I've PM'd my VIN to you. Thanks for getting involved!