User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the last year or 2, they have all been top rail only. Most people secure them in the open position. The only way you'll loose stuff from the front closet is if you packed full. Just the way they are now....

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 2020 Solitude 310GK never had a problem with the closet. Everything I put on the shelves in there is exactly where I left it when we get to our camping site. We travel over 1000 miles in a week and never had a problem.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 310GK. To be honest, I don't remember if there is a track at the bottom of the front closet doors or not. I can say that we travel with the doors closed and latched. Over 15,000 miles and never had any kind of problem with the doors or the contents.
    Now I am curious to look next time I go to the trailer.

Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by txloser View Post
    Today I nearly pulled the trigger on a '24 310GK, but couldn't get past these sliding closet doors in the bedroom. Maybe I'm missing something you all can shed some light on or tell me how you use them. There's a single track up top, and when closed they are secured in place by a lose hook latch on one side. fine if you're sitting still. While moving the doors can swing back and forth at the bottom putting lots of stress on the mechanism up top. Seems like a fail point to me. Option two is secure them open which seems pretty robust, but then your stuff in the closet tumbles out potentially. Seems you'd need to crawl over the bed make sure nothing came out that could be caught between the slide facia and wall each time you open the slide. Dealer said they could look into modifying it, but that seems like overkill. We looked at another to see if it's the same. Not only was it, but a closet door had fallen from that one. How do you all deal with this?

We've got a 2018 Solitude 375RES and the closet is most definitely a sore spot. It has never stayed on the bottom ribbed tracks, no one has been able to 'fix' the issue, so we've been fighting with opening/closing of the door for nearly 50K miles. The last straw is simply to pull that ribbed track out completely and see what happens. It's a pain in the butt to say the least. Depending on the outcome, we may try to make a farm door for the closet. I don't even know if that's possible. The mirrored doors are worthless anyway since the bed is in the way. Go figure.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeetandJudy View Post
    It has never stayed on the bottom ribbed tracks, no one has been able to 'fix' the issue, so we've been fighting with opening/closing of the door for nearly 50K miles.
    We have just the opposite problem. The doors periodically bind on the lower track making them difficult to open. I've adjusted them 6 times now but the problem keeps coming back.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    We have just the opposite problem. The doors periodically bind on the lower track making them difficult to open. I've adjusted them 6 times now but the problem keeps coming back.
    Same problem here. But not a major problem. We did have the issue of the doors sliding back and forth and popping off the lower track while in transit. Fixed with spring loaded curtain rods between the doors and the outside walls. No problems since.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2021 310GK has the bottom rail. I have read on GD Facebook forums that the newer ones do not. Cost savings measure? We full time travel (almost 3 years) and something usually always falls off a shelf in transit, but the doors haven’t fallen off yet. I have had to adjust the height of the rollers to keep the doors from jumping the track.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JoeHannaford @wannabervin
    I like the curtain rod idea. Things fall off our top shelf as well. The wife uses a cargo net stretched across the top shelf to hold things in place while traveling.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    As others have stated, our 2020 310GK has a double rail and two tabs per door at the bottom. The latch holds the doors closed during travel with zero issues. Perhaps @huntr70 can tell us if something has changed on the 2024 models (most of the front bedroom Solitudes have this same setup).

Rob
    Ditto what Second Chance said. It's the same on my 2021. I guess GD is saving money by not including the bottom track.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12