User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Brian--this may be a stupid question on my part, but "axles"? I thought the IS system did away with the axles? (I'm in email contact with MorRyde currently getting a date scheduled, so I'm trying to make sure I understand!)
    Well, they aren't axles but I couldn't think of a better term. Whatever they are, they still rate them as 7,000lbs, 8,000lbs, etc. Definitely NOT axles though!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Well, they aren't axles but I couldn't think of a better term. Whatever they are, they still rate them as 7,000lbs, 8,000lbs, etc. Definitely NOT axles though!
    Thanks (both to your and Second Chance Rob) for the reply. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    ...(I'm in email contact with MorRyde currently getting a date scheduled, so I'm trying to make sure I understand!)
    I scheduled a date in June on our trip East to visit family. We are putting the 8K system and disc brakes on our Solitude. We are very much looking forward to getting this in place before becoming another member of the broken spring club. We have 15,000 miles and 5 years on the rig and know the clock is ticking not in our favor.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CloseToRetirement View Post
    I scheduled a date in June on our trip East to visit family. We are putting the 8K system and disc brakes on our Solitude. We are very much looking forward to getting this in place before becoming another member of the broken spring club. We have 15,000 miles and 5 years on the rig and know the clock is ticking not in our favor.
    Do you mind sharing their quote for this upgrade??
    Devin & Roberta & Bizee (Border Collie)
    2015 Ram Laramie Cummins w/Aisin 4.10 CC LB 4x4
    Titan 55 Gal midship fuel tank
    2018 384GK Solitude
    B & W Companion Hitch
    4 - 165 watt solar panels, 2800 watt Magnum inverter
    Blue Sky 30/24il controller, 4 FullRiver 6V 250AH Batts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're ordering a new 2019 Riverstone 39FK, and we're putting the MORride IS and disc brakes on it. It's a $6,600 option but as everyone else has said, it'll be well worth it. Pay once, cry once.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devinh2 View Post
    Do you mind sharing their quote for this upgrade??
    Devin, I was quoted $6800 for the 8K IS and disc brakes.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I write this we are sitting in MORryde's lounge on day one of our IS suspension install. We decided to stay with our 7K rated "axles" to get a softer ride. They will match the correct rubber shear springs to our unit on day 2. Our 2017 Momentum 328M has two grey tanks and we ordered the extra fresh tank for boondocking. The rear grey tank drain pipe runs about 3-4" below the coroplast on its way to the dump valve. At first our tech was worried that would interfere with the cross-member arm but it turns out we were able to use the 4" tubing after all giving us the necessary clearance for the cross-member to clear the exposed grey water drain pipe and the fresh water drain.

A bit of background on our reason for getting the IS system: Our Lippert suspension system has been a disaster. We have had one leaf spring snap at highway speeds. The sharp end crushed a brake line on the disc brake system I had installed a short while before. It also deeply scored the inside whitewall of a GY 614 tire. The second failure was a loose U-Bolt that allowed the leaf spring to literally shake itself apart. Today while tearing out the Lippert suspension, it was discovered that one of the rear hanger bolts had broken on the last leg of our trip from Davenport, IA to Elkhart. Fortunately all that did was misalign one tire a few inches but still enough to ruin its tread.

I can't wait to have the IS system up and running and my wheels actually properly set for toe and camber.

====
    [EDIT added 3/21 - on Day 2]:
    I initially decided to leave out one event from the morning of Day 1 but in light of our Day 2 experience, I think it should be disclosed.

As pointed out above, we went with 7K "axles" on our IS - the same rating as the axles being replaced. We did this after reading reviews by folks that did the upgrade from 7K to 8K and had regrets about it. Specifically, they didn't see the significant ride improvements others had been raving about. We travel light and have never been close to overloading our axles on the weighs I've done. When we made our appointment with MORryde three months ago, we made it clear we wanted a 7K IS system. When we didn't receive a call or email from MORryde leading up to our appointment, we reached out the week prior and it was confirmed. They also confirmed that yes, it would be a 7K install with pre-existing disc brakes.

On the morning of Day 1, I swung by the service bay and chatted with the shop supervisor Brian, a fellow from engineering and our technician. They talked about keeping our height under 13'-6" (good), working out enough clearance for the kitchen drain pipe (good) and the 8K IS (bad!). I spoke up and made sure everyone knew we wanted 7K and recounted that it had been confirmed the week before. Brian apologized for the screw-up. He also said that "95% of people with 7K axles upgrade to 8Ks and he had just assumed we were doing so too". Point is, make darn sure everyone knows what you want and don't presume that communications are actually working.
    Last edited by Luv2Ski; 03-21-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Ski View Post
    As I write this we are sitting in MORryde's lounge on day one of our IS suspension install. We decided to stay with our 7K rated "axles" to get a softer ride. They will match the correct rubber shear springs to our unit on day 2. Our 2017 Momentum 328M has two grey tanks and we ordered the extra fresh tank for boon docking. The rear grey tank drain pipe runs about 3-4" below the coroplast on its way to the dump valve. At first our tech was worried that would interfere with the cross-member arm but it turns out we were able to use the 4" tubing after all giving us the necessary clearance for the cross-member to clear the exposed grey water drain pipe and the fresh water drain.

A bit of background on our reason for getting the IS system: Our Lippert suspension system has been a disaster. We have had one leaf spring snap at highway speeds. The sharp end crushed a brake line on the disc brake system I had installed a short while before. It also deeply scored the inside whitewall of a GY 614 tire. The second failure was a loose U-Bolt that allowed the leaf spring to literally shake itself apart. Today while tearing out the Lippert suspension, it was discovered that one of the rear hanger bolts had broken on the last leg of our trip from Davenport, IA to Elkhart. Fortunately all that did was misalign one tire a few inches but still enough to ruin its tread.

I can't wait to have the IS system up and running and my wheels actually properly set for toe and camber.
    I hear ya, Steve - and congratulations. You won't regret the decision.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I hear ya, Steve - and congratulations. You won't regret the decision.

Rob
    I have an appt for 25-26 June but will admit I have to keep re-reading these threads to convince myself it is worth the $$$$$. Today is my first day as a full-time retiree. Now that I have the time I plan on towing my 315 a lot of miles. (First trip starts tomorrow!)

My rationale is based on all the threads I've read about broken springs, tires prematurely wearing due to misalignment and all the rest of the suspension woes documented on this forum. Shoot, even Marc (Keep Your Daydream) had an axle alignment issue (failure?) on his 312BHTS.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pics from day 0:

The MORryde service facility where the suspensions and other work is done is located at 1966 Sterling Ave, Elkhart, IN 46516. That is the address of a automobile parking lot mostly used by employees. The pic below shows how to get to the RV lot. They have 50/30/15 amp pedestals at the back of the parking area. There's no sewer or water hookup but water is available at a spigot beside the building.

They ask that you arrive the night before. I suggest arriving by 2 PM Eastern time in case the lot is overflowing as was the case when we arrived at 3:40 PM. They found us a place to park so everything ended up well. They want your rig ready to move around at 6AM. They'll find a flat spot and take measurements of your trailer frame to ground, axle centers, overall hight, bed rail clearances, etc. If you'd rather not be the one to back your rig into the service bay, they'll gladly do so for you.

How to get to the customer lot in the MORryde complex the day before (provided by MORryde). L is for the Lobby where their guest lounge is located. At the time of this writing, Google Street View is still showing Moyer Ave as it was prior to the complex expansion in 2016. Several residences were acquired and demolished and Moyer Ave was incorporated into the complex property. Your GPS may also have an older map. Hence the overhead view.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image003.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	18511

Here's the customer lot with all positions full and then some.. We parked in the employee lot on the left.

Name:	IMG_2396.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	18510

A few of the service bays. The lobby and customer lounge is in the brick building on the right.

Name:	IMG_2394.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	18509
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast