User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Leveling Question

We were blessed to have been able to go camping this weekend at our favorite campground here in NE TN, even had our favorite site! The site is paved and pretty level, however when I engaged the Lippert Automatic Leveling system, it raised the left side wheels off the ground about an inch. Is this okay? I seem to remember reading or hearing that it's not a good idea to raise the wheels off the ground with this system.

How level must the camper be before engaging the Auto-Level system?

Thoughts?

Thanks.
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    We were blessed to have been able to go camping this weekend at our favorite campground here in NE TN, even had our favorite site! The site is paved and pretty level, however when I engaged the Lippert Automatic Leveling system, it raised the left side wheels off the ground about an inch. Is this okay? I seem to remember reading or hearing that it's not a good idea to raise the wheels off the ground with this system.

How level must the camper be before engaging the Auto-Level system?

Thoughts?

Thanks.
    You can engage it whenever really however undue stress can be had on the components. Raising the wheels 1” won’t hurt much at all to be honest.

However a good rule of thumb is;
    -always level as best as you can
    -use your auto level display as a great gauge to see where you can ad blocks etc.
    -sometimes good enough is best
    -if you can put blocks under your wheels to get it closer that is ideal. It sounds like that could have been done in your situation.

As long s you’re not on a major incline you’ll be fine in reality but your goal is to provide longevity to your system. Watch your travel (I cannot for the life of me think of the actual name) where it will tell (show you) how much of your arm is out. The more the arm is out the more stress on the jacks.

We have our neighbors wirh a class C and they raise their nose 3ft in the air and their front axel is complexity off the ground. You could sit under it. I wouldn’t recommend that.

Glad you got to go camp already. Post pictures if you have any. We are counting down the days. Woot woot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the only picture I took...a very nice stream side campsite...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMSPSite18.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	26323
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks great!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
    That looks great!!!
    It sure was! The weather was picture perfect on Saturday and Sunday. The sound of the stream was so nice...it essentially masked any and all noise from the road and adjacent campers. We had good wifi which allowed me to work remotely and save a couple of days of vacation! Bonus!
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure was! The weather was picture perfect on Saturday and Sunday. The sound of the stream was so nice...it essentially masked any and all noise from the road and adjacent campers. We had good wifi which allowed me to work remotely and save a couple of days of vacation! Bonus!
    That’s my plan as well. With some of these new forecasted models of remote work for the long term I am trying to balance that with RVing and getting more accustomed to the travel on the weekends stay out for a few days at a time and see where that brings us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the only picture I took...a very nice stream side campsite...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMSPSite18.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	26323
    Is TN opening up? We have reservations at Creekside RV Park in Pigeon Falls in mid-June. Trying to decide whether to cancel or not. Even if the park is open will the town be receptive to vacationers. Here is Wisconsin it's being reported that the locals "up North" are requesting that vacationers stay away even if they own second home up there.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    Is TN opening up? We have reservations at Creekside RV Park in Pigeon Falls in mid-June. Trying to decide whether to cancel or not. Even if the park is open will the town be receptive to vacationers. Here is Wisconsin it's being reported that the locals "up North" are requesting that vacationers stay away even if they own second home up there.
    I can't speak for the private campgrounds, but I do know that the TN State Park campgrounds re-opened on May 1. You can go to http://www.campgroundreviews.com; I just checked and it states that the campground is open. I would say that Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are EAGERLY anticipating the return of tourists and more specifically their money! Come on down and bring all your friends!!!
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL