User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE Didn't need any spacers under tank. Magnets seem to hold fine, but he puts a piece of duct tape across to be sure.][/QUOTE]

I also got rid of the spacers and added duct tape for redundancy. Both the phone app and supplied "panel" seem to work well and they agree.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have two spare LP tanks so I don't have to go get tanks filled so often. As a result, I didn't want to affix the sensors to the bottom of tanks in any way that would make it more trouble to switch them from one tank to another. Since the tank supports on our rig are two beams with the center of the bottom of the tank open to the ground, spacers were not needed - but there's a line item on our pre-departure checklist to remove and stow the LP sensors so we don't loose them. I only keep them in place/in use during the winter, anyway. We can go from spring to fall on two tanks of LP, so it's not a big concern during that time.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased the "Mopeka Tank Check" tank monitors back in early 2016. In Aug 2018 both stopped working. I contacted Mopeka and they sent us new ones (including the little LED monitor ). I found out they have a 3 yr warranty.
    The new ones are still working great. Dielectric grease at the sensor contacts helps a lot.

I just have a plastic coated piece of cardboard under the tanks to prevent the sensors from falling to the road.

We have had pretty good reliable reading most of the time. Once in a while I need to reposition the sensor to get it to work correctly. TIP: don't clamp down the tank till the sensor is reading . KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    I have Lippert's Propane Tank Level sensor on order and it should be here beginning of next week. I'm curious to see how well they work. I like the idea of the integration into One Control. We shall see.

Full Timing Family
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch
    That is good news, I've a 310 GK on order & would prefer to try something like you are doing. I've the "Mopeka Tank Check" in my current fifth wheel & find them a PIA when I switch out propane tanks. My tanks set in a metal frame, the bottom of the tank is closed in so no access to sensor placement. I did cut a piece of plywood for the tanks to sit on so the RF would radiate better, did not like the little tabs supplied.

I'm off the grid so the propane fridge runs full time, 30lb bottle lasts approx. 30 days.

When the "Mopeka Tank Check" works it awesome to monitor the levels, sadly they are a PIA to get working when swapping bottles out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had three of these for about 3 years. (2 for the RV tanks and one for the grill tank at home). They worked great the first year. I didn't add anything to hold the sensors to the tanks in the RV. Never had an issue with them moving or falling off after 15K miles of travel from coast to coast. However, with each software upgrade I had trouble getting them to work over Bluetooth. (never used the wall mount display).

Ditched them last year and went back to this low tech solution: GasSaf Propane Tank Gas Gauge Leak Detector - Universal for QCC1 Type1 Propane Tank Gas Pressure Meter(2-PCS)
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen the 20# bottles with a float-type gauge, and I do wonder why there don't seem to be any 30# tanks with the physical gauge.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    I had three of these for about 3 years. (2 for the RV tanks and one for the grill tank at home). They worked great the first year. I didn't add anything to hold the sensors to the tanks in the RV. Never had an issue with them moving or falling off after 15K miles of travel from coast to coast. However, with each software upgrade I had trouble getting them to work over Bluetooth. (never used the wall mount display).

Ditched them last year and went back to this low tech solution: GasSaf Propane Tank Gas Gauge Leak Detector - Universal for QCC1 Type1 Propane Tank Gas Pressure Meter(2-PCS)
    Those will tell you two things: whether there's some LP in the tank (any amount) or whether there's not... nothing in between.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I just installed my "Mopeka Tank Check" tank monitors on my last trip.

So far I am quite pleased with their operation.

I am concerned that the tank magnets are not strong enough to keep them on the tanks while traveling on the open road. Consequently, I bought two (pre-cut) pieces of Lenxan plastic at Home Depot and Zip-Tied them to the metal tank supports for the Propane Tanks. This way, if they get bounced off, they are captured by the Lexan and they are not crushed somewhere on the open road behind us. I also installed the Mopeka "Halo" rubber rings on the tanks to increase the clearance underneath the tanks ( I simply didn't see the aluminum clips supplied by Mopeka working very well).

So far, the measurements seem accurate and the BlueTooth App works great (we also have the separate inside monitor, but that doesn't seem to be operating correctly [yet]).

My only concern now is that the magnets hold onto the tanks when being handled while we are filling them, but, only time will tell if my concerns are valid.
    I purchased the rubber rings also. I then took some cheap landscape netting, for deer, and placed across the bottom of the tank before putting on the rubber rings. No way for the sensors to disappear without taking the ring and the netting off but no tape or anything else to deal with.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    I have Lippert's Propane Tank Level sensor on order and it should be here beginning of next week. I'm curious to see how well they work. I like the idea of the integration into One Control. We shall see.
    I think this is the route I plan to take as well. I've got enough apps now. Integration into One Control would be nice.

Let us know how it works!
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the sensors for 3 years now. Only issues were they go through 2 batteries a year and somehow the gasket material on the sensors went bad. I was told by Mopeka to use conductive grease between the tank and sensor in its place. This has worked great. I should remove them over the winter when in storage but have not which probably is a reason for one of the battery changes. Magnets hold with no other precautions.
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast