User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same tongue weight but needing 11links on blueOx with new trailer

On my 2018 2500RL @920# tongue weight, I needed to use link 9 or 10 on my BlueOx 1500# bars.

I have since moved to a 2800BH with a 875-900# tongue (measured on the same tongue scale) but have to use link 11 to get the wdh set right.

I've double and triple checked all the measurements for install but for the life of me can not figure out why I now require more tension on the bars for slightly less weight. Any ideas?

I have not reached out to blueOx yet but may this week.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess the trailer length, axels sitting a little further back causing you to have more tension to keep the rig level and same tounge weight.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I would guess the trailer length, axels sitting a little further back causing you to have more tension to keep the rig level and same tounge weight.

Brian
    Hmm hadn't thought about that.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    ...have to use link 11 to get the wdh set right.
    11! That must be fun to remove those bars.

If you haven't seen this thread yet, it might be of interest: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...nnect-the-Bars

There's both my "alternate" method and a great review of the StrapTek system by @xrated.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was just reading that prior to asking actually. Already told my wife I find my next purchase haha. Read the description about how you get them off but I can't visualize how they loosen with control once you realease the lock. I would have thought the pressure would pull the strap lose with just as much force as the chains. I believe you though so just going to hit the "I believe button".
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    Yeah I was just reading that prior to asking actually. Already told my wife I find my next purchase haha. Read the description about how you get them off but I can't visualize how they loosen with control once you realease the lock. I would have thought the pressure would pull the strap lose with just as much force as the chains. I believe you though so just going to hit the "I believe button".
    Maybe someone who has the StrapTek system will see this and post a short video.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Maybe someone who has the StrapTek system will see this and post a short video.
    ... Takers?
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do it, but I removed mine from the trailer before I traded it in. I have a complete (and then some) B.O. Sway Pro system in the garage.......a 2" draw bar, a 2 1/2" draw bar, hitch head with 2 5/16" ball rated at 20K, two 1500 lb spring bars, complete StrapTek brackets with winches and straps. I am going to take some pics of everything one of these days and try to sell it since I no longer have any use for it after buying the 5ver. The only problem is, it would almost have to be a local sale because of the weight and shipping it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"