User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the dining slide floor supposed to be soft? 2014 Reflection 337RL

Hi all, we went to look at a 2014 Reflection 337RL this afternoon. I sat down in the outside dining chair and noticed that the seat was leaning toward the window. I thought that maybe something was wrong with the chair, so I moved it onto the uncarpeted part of the floor. The chair was perfectly fine.

I looked at the slide floor and walked on it, and felt with my feet, a ridge that ran the length of the slide where the slide floor met the main floor. Then, the slide floor dipped down after the ridge. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

I asked my DH to take a look at the floor. When he walked on it, he could feel it flexing. So, I went out and looked under the slide as he jumped on the floor (he's only 145 lbs). I saw the floor actually bowing down where he jumped!! It looked like there was no support structure, like crossbeams in the slide!

Is this normal for the floor to be so soft there? Is it normal for there to be a ridge along the slide so that the outside chair cannot sit level??

Thanks for any help that you can give.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This does not sound normal to me. There's really no supports under the floor, but I don't think it should be flexing quite that much. If pressing up from the bottom, are there any signs of softness in that area? My last camper had a soft spot in my main slide floor that was caused by water intrusion along one of the lower side moldings. It got inside the molding and wicked into the plywood floor. By the time I realized what was going on, the floor was in need of replacement.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ridge is normal to the Reflections of this generation....our 303 is the same. Later years (and other models) have a more "flush floor" slide design and little to no ridge as I recall. If you are close to a GDRV dealer, take a look at various current models and you will notice this.

Even though there is a ridge, the slide floor is still suppose to be level. A GDRV (and other manufacturers too) fridge or dining slide slide with the through frame slide design that is not fully extended will be tipped down at the outside edge (resulting in the chair lean you mention) until full extended during the last couple or so inches which will drop the inside edge of the slide down abit so the slide floor is level (trusting the RV is level) when fully extended. When you run the slide in and out you will see what I am stating here during the last couple or so inches of extension.

The floor softness would seem to be an issue needing further investigation. Some minor flex more towards the center, yes.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    The ridge is normal to the Reflections of this generation....our 303 is the same. Later years (and other models) have a more "flush floor" slide design and little to no ridge as I recall. If you are close to a GDRV dealer, take a look at various current models and you will notice this.

Even though there is a ridge, the slide floor is still suppose to be level. A GDRV (and other manufacturers too) fridge or dining slide slide with the through frame slide design that is not fully extended will be tipped down at the outside edge (resulting in the chair lean you mention) until full extended during the last couple or so inches which will drop the inside edge of the slide down abit so the slide floor is level (trusting the RV is level) when fully extended. When you run the slide in and out you will see what I am stating here during the last couple or so inches of extension.

The floor softness would seem to be an issue needing further investigation. Some minor flex more towards the center, yes.

Dan
    Oh...so the ridge could be due to it not feeling fully extended, then? Thank you! That makes sense, as who could sit in that chair, unlevel like that? Well, we are 3 hours away, so we can't check that again.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    This does not sound normal to me. There's really no supports under the floor, but I don't think it should be flexing quite that much. If pressing up from the bottom, are there any signs of softness in that area? My last camper had a soft spot in my main slide floor that was caused by water intrusion along one of the lower side moldings. It got inside the molding and wicked into the plywood floor. By the time I realized what was going on, the floor was in need of replacement.
    Thank you! We did check the slide floor with the moisture meter and it showed "red" in areas of the slide floor, so it could be exactly what you state here. The slide bottom looked perfectly fine, though, so we were scratching our head, as there were no signs of leaks in the interior upper corners of the slide. We didn't push up on the slide floor from the outside, as we didn't know to do that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
    Oh...so the ridge could be due to it not feeling fully extended, then? Thank you! That makes sense, as who could sit in that chair, unlevel like that? Well, we are 3 hours away, so we can't check that again.
    There will still be a small slope (I will call it) at the edge of the slide carpet (maybe a little over an inch vertical rise) from the vinyl floor. If the legs of the dining chair closest to the center island are resting on this small slope the chair will tilt towards the island.

You are describing a condition where the chair tilts out toward the dining slide window. This s/n be the case trusting the RV is level and the slide is fully extended. The chair s/b level as noted in my earlier post.

A picture or two would be helpful but in my hundreds of picture over the years, I do not have any. Possibly someone out here on the forum could take a couple pictures and share them.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post

Dan
    @Narnia,

I would agree with the details in Dan's post above. Is this right . . . no. Is this normal . . . yes. Our similar vintage Reflection is exactly like this. The floor of this slide is a sheet of plywood supported only around its perimeter. The center has considerable flex. I have carefully examined ours from underneath and from above, stripped right down to the bare OSB, when we removed the carpet to replace it. There was no sign of water damage . . . but this floor is flexible enough that the table wiggles around when someone sitting in a chair shifts their weight.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS