Likes Likes:  0

Thread: We did it too!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We did it too!

My husband and I sold everything and bought a "new to us" Solitude. So far, we love it. It's early days yet...only 3 weeks in but even with the issues we've had I wouldn't go back! We plan to stay 3-6 weeks in each new area so we can take time to really play tourist. It's a big country and we're very excited to see everything!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to get advice on all aspects of RVing in a Grand Design RV. Enjoy your new life.

Jim

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! 3-6 weeks at each spot sounds like a great way to go. Not excessively blowing money on fuel, and have time to explore/relax. Maybe even get a monthly discount if you are sure your gonna stay four weeks. Enjoy!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to get advice on all aspects of RVing in a Grand Design RV. Enjoy your new life.

Jim
    Thanks! I'm sure we'll be here a lot. We jumped in with both feet and a day of instructions. So far, it's been fairly easy and definitely low stress! Our biggest concern in the beginning was towing this thing. Add in the length of the truck and...But I give my hubby a lot of credit for his driving skills. He drives this setup like he's been doing it forever.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beechbaby View Post
    My husband and I sold everything and bought a "new to us" Solitude. So far, we love it. It's early days yet...only 3 weeks in but even with the issues we've had I wouldn't go back! We plan to stay 3-6 weeks in each new area so we can take time to really play tourist. It's a big country and we're very excited to see everything!
    Congrats. Fran and I aren't quite there yet--still holding on to the brick & mortar home. Maybe someday. When you have something to pass along includes mods, places visited, etc., please don't hesitate to post. (We like pictures!)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)