User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just pulled the trigger on a 2020 315RLTS

Waiting to get a delivery date. Dealer let me test pull o e with my 2018 F250 Crew Cab medium box. 6.2 gasser. VERY windy day. Justthe hitch. No away bars. I could tell it was there for sure...but not "that" uncomfortable. Sales.man tells me the hjtch setup properly will make a tremendous improvement. I believe him. Its an Equaizer hitch. We are stepping up from a Jayo 265rlsw...6000lbs dry. 315RLTS is 9000 dry. So excited to get the GD. Been drooljng over them for over a year now. I know its a lot of trailer. But have faith the truck will handle it . We went with a TT rather than a 5th wheel as we are aproaching senior status and wish to avoid as many stairs as we can.
    So excited
    Drop

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome , plenty of 315 owners here if you have questions or need any help , they will be along shortly.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12ptdroptine View Post
    Waiting to get a delivery date. Dealer let me test pull o e with my 2018 F250 Crew Cab medium box. 6.2 gasser. VERY windy day. Justthe hitch. No away bars. I could tell it was there for sure...but not "that" uncomfortable. Sales.man tells me the hjtch setup properly will make a tremendous improvement. I believe him. Its an Equaizer hitch. We are stepping up from a Jayo 265rlsw...6000lbs dry. 315RLTS is 9000 dry. So excited to get the GD. Been drooljng over them for over a year now. I know its a lot of trailer. But have faith the truck will handle it . We went with a TT rather than a 5th wheel as we are aproaching senior status and wish to avoid as many stairs as we can.
    So excited
    Drop
    Welcome, Drop! Yes, there's quite a few 315 owners that are very active here so don't hesitate to ask questions.

One thing you'll find that we are very good at on this forum is spending other people's money. With that said, given you mentioned "senior status" and lack of stairs, one of the first mods you should consider is changing out the OEM steps for Glowsteps. Here's my thread on the topic: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-Perfect-Steps!

Since you just ordered the unit, maybe you can get the dealer to install them for free, meaning you buy the steps but they do the work to put them in.

Again, welcome!

-Howard

P.S. I moved your thread to the "New Member Introductions" area.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and Congrats Drop. Glad you're here.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the trailer. I found a creampuff 2017 315RLTS and we really like it. Very nice "Glamper"! Howson's the answer man when you have Q's!
    See you down the road !!!

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats!

One recommendation...watch your tongue weight. Mine tends to be 1430-1500 depending on the length of trip (more days out = more stuff). Others have reported up to 1700lbs of tongue weight.

The Equalizer only supports tongue weight up to 1400 lbs. I would recommend either the Blue Ox or the Reese with dual cams. Both support the tongue weight of the 315RLTS.

Also, the hitch receiver (that Ford equipped your F250) is a class IV hitch so be aware of the tongue weight - I (and others here) replaced the hitch receiver with a class V. I got the CURT Class V hitch receiver and it's a BEAST (as in good).

But, the number 1 recommendation is to have fun.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to put.more stuff in the truck than the camper. However I will check into this

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clss v hitch. Worried after some reading if I have enough truck....But I tend to worry to much sometimes

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the class v you should be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Drop. I'm relatively new to the club but this is a wonderful place for gd owners. I now spend probably an hour a day searching and finding all kinds super things. About any question I have had has been asked and answered somewhere here. I think you are going to love your 315. They are an amazing TT. Full hookup boondocking, we've had a blast. I agree about checking your receiver. Even on a Super Duty 350 it came standard with class IV hitch. I changed to a Class V. Easy to do as it bolts on slick. You are going to find that Howard (Howson) has done some incredible research and has some great illustrations that will have you improving and cleaning up some little quirks you may find. Anyway, again Welcome!!
    Bruce & Sue plus 1ea fluffy Chow Chow (Maggie)
    1999 Ford F350 CC Lariat 7.3L diesel Power Stroke
    2017 315 RLTS Purchased Sept 2018
    Reese Straight Line Trunion Weight Distribution
    2000 Mariah Z308 at Bull Frog Marina, Lake Powell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast