User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably so obvious it doesn't need to be said, but you know that 5ers don't back up the same as bumper pulls.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I have more difficulty backing into my own driveway (which I have done many, many times) than any campsite . . . I think it is neighbor audience pressure . Rob
    My next-door neighbor makes his living driving one of those gasoline trains - the big double-tanker thing, whatever it's called.

We went over to say 'hi' a few hours after we got home from our winter travels and he said, "Yeah, I saw you trying to back into your driveway earlier."

It's a good thing we're friends.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLR650goldwing View Post
    This is probably so obvious it doesn't need to be said, but you know that 5ers don't back up the same as bumper pulls.
    Yes, and I am still learning the nuances. But, two times I get it in driveway just fine... this time, not so much.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been pulling a camper for many years. I have backed into my driveway on the first try exactly once. We just got a new (1st one) 5th wheel last month (GD 31MB). All of the previous were Travel trailers. I didn't do any better with it than any of the others. Camp grounds are a cinch compared to driveways. Boy I wish I hadn't said that out loud...…

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I have more difficulty backing into my own driveway (which I have done many, many times) than any campsite . . . I think it is neighbor audience pressure .

Rob
    No neighbor problem, Don't have any.
    2014 303 RLS
    2017 F450, Air suspension, Aluminum tow body, B&W hitch
    3rd family member - Labradoodle

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just gonna look for a new house on a corner lot.
    This way I can put a driveway in one side of corner, park in the backyard, and drive out the front driveway when I leave. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you pull out of the driveway watch where you wheels cross the side walk and make a mental note. That's where you want to place them when you back your trailer in. I actually painted a few black stripes to keep my wheels lined up as I back in. It works great for me. We have a 350m that's roughly 39 feet long.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “I'm just gonna look for a new house on a corner lot.”

That is why I like my 5 acres (but I have backed into a tree ).

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronksol View Post
    When you pull out of the driveway watch where you wheels cross the side walk and make a mental note. That's where you want to place them when you back your trailer in. I actually painted a few black stripes to keep my wheels lined up as I back in. It works great for me. We have a 350m that's roughly 39 feet long.
    Good suggestion.

So, previous back in attempts, my approach has the driveway on the drivers side of the vehicle. Requires me to get basically 90 degrees to get in. This past weekend, I decided to reverse the approach, and back in with driveway on passenger side. It was a lot easier, although I have to figure a better way to adjust mirror to see the tires.

Thanks for the suggestion of noting where the wheels are when I cross the sidewalk. Since I pull out, turning to the right, my new approach of backing in with driveway on my right (passenger) side should work.

Thanks

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used to have an offshore fishing boat and backing into the slip was always being “reviewed” by the local charter boat captains. If done well you were accepted, if not you were an outcast and never got any tips on what was biting and where.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast