User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black water valve cable

Can I get the model and length of the black water valve cable on a 2018 Imagine 2250RK trailer? Can I order one from the factory? I have broken the handle off of mine along with about 2" of the stem.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    skllstrm - You can access an online parts list for your GDRV model on their website. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup This shows a 36" cable for both a 3" and 1 1/2" gate valve for a 2018 Imagine 2250RK. GDRV cannot sell parts directly to customers, so you would have to order parts through a dealer. Their parts list shows the cable and gate valve assembly, but you can replace just the cable. These replacement cables are a standard item at most RV stores.

Still a good idea to contact GDRV for replacement part specs if you are not sure. They will need your trailer VIN.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though you can't order part's directly from GD it is nice being able to look up the part number's yourself. That way your not ending up getting the wrong part because the parts person didn't know all the particulars of your trailer. Isn't fun being laid up so long having to wait on two shipments to get the right part.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked up the part but they don't show a separate cable, only the entire valve with attached cable. This appears to be a Lasalle Bristol valve. Will the Valterra replacement cable work?
    Last edited by skllstrm; 07-09-2018 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Early morning brain fart.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skllstrm View Post
    I looked up the part but they don't show a separate cable, only the entire valve with attached cable. This appears to be a Lasalle Bristol valve. Will the Valterra replacement cable work?
    skllstrm - I can't say for sure whether a Valterra cable will work, but you could look for a Lasalle Bristol replacement part. If the old cable is not functional at all, you could remove it and take it with you to an RV store to look for a replacement. Longer cables can be cut shorter to match the original cable that you need to replace. Accessing the gate valve through the coroplast to remove the cable would also allow you to open/close this valve manually until you get the new cable installed.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been unable to locate a Bristol replacement cable. I like your idea about getting access to my valve first and checking it out. I am going to work on this over the next couple of weeks and then report the results before I close this thread. Thanks everyone for the helpful comments and advice.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am back! I just called Lasalle Bristol and you can't get a replacement cable because they do not make them and none of the replacement cables out there are compatible. I apparently have to buy and install the entire unit - valve and cable. If you are aware of any other options, please let me know.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggest getting Valterra parts from Amazon as in my prior post, can send them back if not needed, completing repair while bottom is open makes sense to me!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emily - Tagging you on this thread, because GDRV should know that there appear to be no replacement components (like pull cables) for the Lasalle Bristol gate valves now being used in production. What about replacement seals? These parts are commonly available for the Valterra gate valves.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    skllstrm - You can access an online parts list for your GDRV model on their website. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup This shows a 36" cable for both a 3" and 1 1/2" gate valve for a 2018 Imagine 2250RK. GDRV cannot sell parts directly to customers, so you would have to order parts through a dealer. Their parts list shows the cable and gate valve assembly, but you can replace just the cable. These replacement cables are a standard item at most RV stores.

Still a good idea to contact GDRV for replacement part specs if you are not sure. They will need your trailer VIN.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by skllstrm View Post
    Can I get the model and length of the black water valve cable on a 2018 Imagine 2250RK trailer? Can I order one from the factory? I have broken the handle off of mine along with about 2" of the stem.
    Rob is correct!

I am tellin ya.... we need to hire him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast